2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the shot was definately deliberate but I dont think anyone was more surprised than Seamus when it went in.
Also Seamus confirmed it was a shot. I’m surprised why people are speculating when they player himself said he shot because no one was in the box (which in itself was a poor indictment of our attacking play)

Also Seamus confirmed it was a shot. I’m surprised why people are speculating when they player himself said he shot because no one was in the box (which in itself was a poor indictment of our attacking play)
Just watched it again and Maupay is nowhere near the 18 yard box never mind the 6 yard box! MOTD pointed out how poor Maupay is, never in the right place to get on the end of a cross. Stick with Simms Sean.

As with anything on the internet, there's no middle ground is there? He's been rolling back the years recently but he was very poor for a couple of years too, not his fault we haven't adequately set up a replacement and he gives 100%. Has been one of the best right backs in the Premier League in his prime, I don't think anyone could deny that.
Regarding what you term a couple of poor years, I wonder how many of our current squad would have had the determination and loyalty to this Club to come back from an horrific double leg break to captain the Club and his country.

Regarding what you term a couple of poor years, I wonder how many of our current squad would have had the determination and loyalty to this Club to come back from an horrific double leg break to captain the Club and his country.
For sure, that doesn't change the fact he has been poor that just shifts the goalposts of the discussion, he's shown far more bravery than Gomes, it's not just me that's termed him poor, only his most ardent of followers could not see he's had some shockers, as has the entire squad over the last few years as I'm sure you'll mention :)

Personally I love him and he deserved a trophy with us, but it won't happen and we need a replacement for him very soon because this purple patch he's in won't last forever.

Seamus Coleman hated the question but the scene that was playing out behind him in Goodison Park’s tunnel invited it.
As Everton’s captain spoke with typical honesty, he was tapped on the shoulder by Nathan Paterson, who was heading home. Walking in the opposite direction at the same time was Ben Godfrey, who had just completed a taxing warm down. Leaning against a wall, watching on, was Mason Holgate.

Paterson, who is working his way back from an ankle injury, Godfrey and Holgate could all be Everton’s right-back in the future but the reality right now is that none can do what Coleman does for a team that continues to fight for its life.

You have to view Seamus's decline in the context of a squad the players he's amongst. Even in his final year or two as a PL player he's still our best RFB and one of our most influential players.
I don’t actually agree with this as I think Patterson will be better under Dyche in a well drilled team the same way Mykolenko, Gana and Doucoure suddenly looked like they knew what they were doing too and I think he has a lot more legs and maybe a bit more crossing ability at this stage of their careers.

I think we all wish Coleman didn’t have to play as much as he is at the moment but that should never be used as a stick to beat him with, he has always given 100% and represented our club with pride and passion.

I, like Seamus, am 34 years old and he’s probably my favourite Everton player of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.