2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche wont shift Coleman out of the RB berth. Not a chance.
If he does you have to change your avatar to a Patterson one lol

That said, Coleman was great today - again, when asked to primarily defend currently he's at his best. This fits Dycheball, so expect a few good showings before his legs give up on him, which is also understandable.

The cross was reminiscent of literally someone else who can cross as Coleman's crossing has always been absolutely atrocious, but what a peach it was!

If he does you have to change your avatar to a Patterson one lol

That said, Coleman was great today - again, when asked to primarily defend currently he's at his best. This fits Dycheball, so expect a few good showings before his legs give up on him, which is also understandable.

The cross was reminiscent of literally someone else who can cross as Coleman's crossing has always been absolutely atrocious, but what a peach it was!
Look, we can relitigate the Coleman argument, but he neutralised a lad who has become notorious for his ability down that particular wing. I want a better right back, but it's ok to complement Seamus here
Yeah, as above - I did.

Ask Arsenal fans what they think of Martinelli's recent form fwiw.

Look, we can relitigate the Coleman argument, but he neutralised a lad who has become notorious for his ability down that particular wing. I want a better right back, but it's ok to complement Seamus here
If wew want a better RB we'll have to buy one in. There's no one at the club capable of playing against opposition like that and doing a job.

I've been saying since the last January transfer window that we need one to be bought. It's a position that's been criminally neglected for years and years.

Coleman lives for Goodison matches against the bigger teams.

Its away games and the games against opposition that he needs to have an attacking output thats he's shabite in.

It's a lack of self awareness....I love Coleman, but he's been past his best for a few years now and should have left last summer....

Words are all good and well, but physically he can't compete at this level anymore and is a massive weak link in our team....and no new manager can fix Father Time
Agree with 'past his best for a few years now', but should have left last summer? What - and leave his club even worse off in the RB department? It's not his fault he hasn't been adequately replaced. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Patterson but yes we need another RB too if we hope to improve all areas of the pitch but until there are better options I have no problem with Seamus staying and triyng his best. Would I offer him a new contract now? No. But seeing as he is currently under contract and we haven't brought in enough to make him surplus to requirements he ends up being required at times and having to do his best. Is his best the standard it was before his injury and before time caught up with him? Of course not. And yet he still pulls on the blue jersey goes out and makes an honest account of himself. I will happily criticize his performance (and that of any other player) if it warrants it, but to criticize home for still being here and walking out onto the pitch when selected is bizarre. We need better now sure, but he has been outstanding for many years for us in the past and is still trying his best to do a job when called upon when we have failed to make better options available. Deserves nothing but respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.