2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I think Lampard will want Coleman back on the pitch but it could be for Holgate or Patterson.
Last season he wanted Coleman on the pitch for his leadership as nuch as playing ability. We have Tarkowski there now and the Kopite with the big gob.

But I think he knows that Coleman is the only natural RB he has. I think we'll see him rotate with that position depending on who we play and also make Coleman a right sided CB if he isn't at RB.

If he stays clear of injury I can see him getting another full season of starts.

Last season he wanted Coleman on the pitch for his leadership as nuch as playing ability. We have Tarkowski there now and the Kopite with the big gob.

But I think he knows that Coleman is the only natural RB he has. I think we'll see him rotate with that position depending on who we play and also make Coleman a right sided CB if he isn't at RB.

If he stays clear of injury I can see him getting another full season of starts.

…it’s a good point re leadership. I still want Patterson to take more risk in the attacking third, maybe he’ll get the nod over Coleman with this being a home game.

original

It's a penalty!

Patterson has done absolutely fine and has deserved to keep his place in the team, Lampard knows that Coleman is happy to play the backup as long as we win.

I absolutely love Coleman but let us see how Patterson does before saying that he is not good enough and Coleman should come straight back in.

Patterson has done absolutely fine and has deserved to keep his place in the team, Lampard knows that Coleman is happy to play the backup as long as we win.

I absolutely love Coleman but let us see how Patterson does before saying that he is not good enough and Coleman should come straight back in.

Dropping him after 2 solid games would completely undermine the kid. If I was him I'd be asking for a move if it happened as clearly he wouldn't be rated by the club.

Dropping him after 2 solid games would completely undermine the kid. If I was him I'd be asking for a move if it happened as clearly he wouldn't be rated by the club.

Exactly, wouldn't be surprised if Coleman thinks that himself. He will just want what is best, and right, for the club and all his teammates.

I didn't get the impression Coleman is ready to start from the presser regardless. Thought he said 'he's coming back'. I think in response to a question concerning the back 3 too so I'd say Patterson is safe at RWB for now. Like you say, solid games, can't see him being dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.