2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's aggressive, he moves forward and carries the ball excellently and he can put a cross in.

I'm not sure he has the physique for CM in today's PL, tbh.
He's 6'1" Dave and 12st.plus, he's also a very aggressive footballer. I think he would worry other centre midfielders more than they would worry him. Agree with you he is probably our best available right back at the moment, but, it would be criminal to play him there except in cases of dire emergency. This boy will be grabbing the midfield by the scruff of the neck next season.

He's 6'1" Dave and 12st.plus, he's also a very aggressive footballer. I think he would worry other centre midfielders more than they would worry him. Agree with you he is probably our best available right back at the moment, but, it would be criminal to play him there except in cases of dire emergency. This boy will be grabbing the midfield by the scruff of the neck next season.

I take your point. He's actually heavier than Doucoure having checked.

It seems like he has less of a frame than him though - looks slighter.

Anyway, IMO I think we need to lose one from MF and get a playmaker in. Keep Doucoure and Gueye in there, sell Onana and push Garner out on the right.

With a new forward or two, that hands us a better shape.

I take your point. He's actually heavier than Doucoure having checked.

It seems like he has less of a frame than him though - looks slighter.

Anyway, IMO I think we need to lose one from MF and get a playmaker in. Keep Doucoure and Gueye in there, sell Onana and push Garner out on the right.

With a new forward or two, that hands us a better shape.
Absolutely no creativity from central midfield with Doucoure and Gueye in there, neither of them even begin to have the ability to both see and deliver a telling pass that Garner does. He's far less likely to lose possession in dangerous places than Gueye as well, the number of chances we have given opponents this season because Iwobi or Gueye misplaced a pass horribly or got caught dwelling on the ball.

Absolutely no creativity from central midfield with Doucoure and Gueye in there, neither of them even begin to have the ability to both see and deliver a telling pass that Garner does. He's far less likely to lose possession in dangerous places than Gueye as well, the number of chances we have given opponents this season because Iwobi or Gueye misplaced a pass horribly or got caught dwelling on the ball.
The creativity can come from a playmaker in between the CM and Forward(s).

Not if Dyche is the manager it won't Dave. He wants a big powerful runner, Doucoure for instance, between midfield and his centre forward.
I'm not overly fond of 3 CMs.

Dyche was a 442 man at Burnley, so one will make way next season.

Out of contract in less than a month, wonder what will happen.

Id give him a one year extension...under normal circumstances.

However the (lets call them) 'Coleman before Everton group' would stop posting about imaginary greatness if he moved on so im torn.

Weve seen Garner thrown in and give a performance Coleman hasnt mustered in 5+ seasons. Also Patterson this year being in the top 3 of motm votes every game.

What would you do? Send him off with a bottle of champagne like @Nymzee or applaud him for motivating the players to fail every season and give him a mint?

Status
Not open for further replies.