2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he'll either retire and join the backroom staff or move in the summer...

No chance Zat. He loves his football and will want to continue playing for as long as possible. Whether that is at Everton or not might be a different matter but I'd be very surprised if he hung up his boots this summer.

What we need is a top end replacement asap and a season where he is a proper back up.

No chance Zat. He loves his football and will want to continue playing for as long as possible. Whether that is at Everton or not might be a different matter but I'd be very surprised if he hung up his boots this summer.

I agree, I think we'll buy a replacement and ask Coleman to mentor him for a season, and then Coleman leaves on a free for a retirement league.

I agree he's no longer sharp enough to cover his poor distribution, and its tough to watch a top top evertonian over the past decade fall away on the pitch. But ill not be queuing up like a lot on here to hammer the bloke no matter how badly he plays. The club shouldve found a replacement as soon as he suffered the leg break as he was at the wrong end of his career anyway but they didnt. He started this season flying but has never been the same since latest hamstring tweak. But even at this stage he's still head and shoulders above JJK, and if we think Holgate is a real improvement we're really struggling as his distribution is also awful.
Looking at the shape of the team now RB is the no1 priority.

Mentor him lol, I love the sentimentality fans. What’s he going to do teach how not to cross a ball

Work habits, practice habits, professionalism. Learning all the ins and outs of the culture of the club - what's expected, what's vital from a relationships standpoint, who not to tick off.

Players are much more likely to succeed when they get guidance with all that.

Mentor him lol, I love the sentimentality fans. What’s he going to do teach how not to cross a ball

You do know he is a right back don't you, it is not just about crossing a ball. I know the modern full back has to be able to attack but I think we can all agree that, over the course of his career, he has shown that he can do his fair share of effective attacking and all round full back play.

A massive servant for the club, when he goes/retires I hope it is on his terms, it is nothing short of what he has deserved.

Deserves respect from every Evertonian, never ever given less than 100% effort on or off the pitch. Has been proud to wear the shirt and do his bit for the community side of the club as well.

What we need is a top end replacement asap and a season where he is a proper back up.
I wouldn't want him as a back up at all though unless he takes a significant pay cut, I'd sign a top RB as a massive priority and you've got holgate who can easily slot in and be backup RB over Coleman.

I'd sell him myself, try not ruin anymore what has been a fantastic career at Everton

I wouldn't want him as a back up at all though unless he takes a significant pay cut, I'd sign a top RB as a massive priority and you've got holgate who can easily slot in and be backup RB over Coleman.

I'd sell him myself, try not ruin anymore what has been a fantastic career at Everton

At his age, with 12 months left on the contract we are very unlikely to shift him. No one is likely to pay his current wage, so both he and a suitor are made better off by running the clock down. If the suitor has a sense of urgency, they'll offer to eat some of his wages on a loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.