2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know he is a right back don't you, it is not just about crossing a ball. I know the modern full back has to be able to attack but I think we can all agree that, over the course of his career, he has shown that he can do his fair share of effective attacking and all round full back play.

A massive servant for the club, when he goes/retires I hope it is on his terms, it is nothing short of what he has deserved.

Deserves respect from every Evertonian, never ever given less than 100% effort on or off the pitch. Has been proud to wear the shirt and do his bit for the community side of the club as well.
Like i
Said sentimentality at its finest, let just let him
Decide when he’s had enough.
And is it any wonder why we have won nothing in 26yrs.

Thankfully Moshiri and Ancelotti have a
Bit more ambition. Coleman will be replaced in the summer, I actually don’t see him
Playing that much for the remainder of this season.

Like i
Said sentimentality at its finest, let just let him
Decide when he’s had enough.
And is it any wonder why we have won nothing in 26yrs.

Thankfully Moshiri and Ancelotti have a
Bit more ambition. Coleman will be replaced in the summer, I actually don’t see him
Playing that much for the remainder of this season.

Wanting the best for a loyal player is not showing a lack of ambition, showing respect for a player that has showed us fans and the club respect is not showing a lack of ambition.

Exactly like how Baines finished his playing career, with respect and dignity. Get somebody in better and have a seasoned professional who will not let you down as back up.

What I definitely don't get is the snidey comments about aspects of his game that were maybe not top quality, all the time.

Wanting the best for a loyal player is not showing a lack of ambition, showing respect for a player that has showed us fans and the club respect is not showing a lack of ambition.

Exactly like how Baines finished his playing career, with respect and dignity. Get somebody in better and have a seasoned professional who will not let you down as back up.

What I definitely don't get is the snidey comments about aspects of his game that were maybe not top quality, all the time.
He also gets paid very well to play fir the club, he doesn’t play for us for free. Abs had we not give him the contract he wanted years ago. He would have jumped ship pretty sharpish. Don’t worry about that.

There’s no loyalty in football abs it should work both ways.

He also gets paid very well to play fir the club, he doesn’t play for us for free. Abs had we not give him the contract he wanted years ago. He would have jumped ship pretty sharpish. Don’t worry about that.

There’s no loyalty in football abs it should work both ways.

So, he gets paid well, not sure what that has got to do wit showing respect to fans, if anything the act that he gets paid so well should mean he is more disconnected from fans but I believe strongly that the extreme majority of Blues will consider him 'one of us'.

Was he in a contract dispute (maybe like Ferdinand)? Never saw that one to be honest, never kicked up a fuss publicly, as far as I saw. I am here to be corrected though.

Least of our worries this season. He wont play every game with Holgate and Godrey showing they can cover there.

People love picking on players when things are going well for the club. Weird bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.