2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cannot be starting for this club next season if we want to push on, His legs have gone, Today's fullbacks for good teams are so important these days in what they offer going forward and Seamus doesn't offer much.

He cannot be starting for this club next season if we want to push on, His legs have gone, Today's fullbacks for good teams are so important these days in what they offer going forward and Seamus doesn't offer much.
If his legs have gone, which I agree they have he shouldn’t start on Tuesday. If we don’t get a right back. Godfrey RB Digne LB for the rest of this season.

He's no longer good enough to be first or second choice right back. When you're done, you're really done. He may have the odd good game yet but the writing's been on the wall for the last couple of years. Time to move on in the summer or have him as an emergency squad member as Baines was set to be this season.

If he's still in the first 18 next season I'll be in no doubt that we're not 100% serious about aiming for CL qualification.

Reactions: JMT
He can’t cross a ball! This surely isn’t even still a debate. His first two efforts to pass the ball against Rotherham were embarrassing. A weird punt forward for no reason and then some sort of scooped ball with his wrong foot under no pressure whatsoever.

Holgate or Godfrey until the end of the season then bye bye.

Godfrey looks better at LB than RB, I'd probably play Holgate for the rest of the season.
I just think he looks better going forward than holgate and is ridiculously fast. He had a poor game at RB v Southampton, but it was his first start

He can’t cross a ball! This surely isn’t even still a debate. His first two efforts to pass the ball against Rotherham were embarrassing. A weird punt forward for no reason and then some sort of scooped ball with his wrong foot under no pressure whatsoever.

It’s mental, How some fans still stick up for him and will tell you he was brilliant at the start of this season.

I don't understand why he can't cross a ball. It's shocking and I genuinely can't fathom how I can cross a ball better than he can.

Love you long time Seamus, but a wide player who cannot cross the ball negates everything else they do.

When he just gets his head down and runs he's still a threat. It's the horridly annoying stop-start, turn square and pass it inside which is infuriating.

Holgate is a better option atm. But would have always have played Coleman myself today. Just, defensively, we look much better with the flat back four.

Its a shame when we start to get frustrated with a good servant and top man. Really feel the club doesn't do him justice by not finding a successor and slowly phasing him out by managing his game time. Similar happened with Baines. Eventually unearthed Digne. Do we have a 'one first team full back only' policy or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.