2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every tackle endangers a player. Heading a ball endangers a player. Running around for 90 mins has lead to people dropping dead because of heart murmurs so that endangers a player.

Slapping a player in the face endangers a player.

where do you want to draw the line?
It’s a contact sport tackling is a skill. Players dropping dead has nothing to do with football that happens in every day life. The reason he got the red is because he purposely tackled or tripped Gomes because of what happened before which resulted in Gomes injury that was a fact. The league came out straight after the game and said that’s why son was red carded. Now if son wasn’t hit the face and it happened he would of got a yellow I’m sure of it. But they clearly took what happened before that into account which is right he had no intention of going for the ball. So where you draw the line is what is a genuine attempt to win the, an what is genuine attempt to hurt the player. We all go the game and follow football so we know when a player intends to hurt another player on purpose.

Comments like this really baffle me. Coleman going into the Spurs dressing room to console a player after accidentally breaking another players leg isn't being inoffensive, it's being human.

Should we scrap Everton In The Community too? The stuff they do is way too nice.

Couldn’t agree more.

Apparently, to be successful, you need to be horrible and uncaring.

Poor old Son. Delle Alli (another snidey rat) said that he was inconsolable after the game.
The fact is that Son went to foul Gomes with a cowardly challenge from behind. No intent to win the ball but to take the man down. He’s a rat and his theatrical dive when he tussled with Mina first half to try and get a pen further proves my point.

Poor old Son. Delle Alli (another snidey rat) said that he was inconsolable after the game.
The fact is that Son went to foul Gomes with a cowardly challenge from behind. No intent to win the ball but to take the man down. He’s a rat and his theatrical dive when he tussled with Mina first half to try and get a pen further proves my point.
Something Gomes gas done week in, week out since being at Everton. City do it for fun. Cynically taking a player out is not the same as trying to end their career.

Kevin Nolan's challenge on anichebe on the other hand...

It’s a contact sport tackling is a skill. Players dropping dead has nothing to do with football that happens in every day life. The reason he got the red is because he purposely tackled or tripped Gomes because of what happened before which resulted in Gomes injury that was a fact. The league came out straight after the game and said that’s why son was red carded. Now if son wasn’t hit the face and it happened he would of got a yellow I’m sure of it. But they clearly took what happened before that into account which is right he had no intention of going for the ball. So where you draw the line is what is a genuine attempt to win the, an what is genuine attempt to hurt the player. We all go the game and follow football so we know when a player intends to hurt another player on purpose.

I’m guessing people don’t break their ankles every day of life then. I cannot wait for you to call for one of our players to be sent off when we foul a player to break up play, when they have no intention of going for the ball.

He got the red because of the ankle break, not the challenge. That challenge happens 2 or 3 times a week in the PL. it’s a yellow card challenge. The league (actually it’s More appropriate to say the referee committee) also didn’t think Ali’s handball was a penalty, so I’d not use them as the ultimate authority on this... unless you don’t think it was a peno.

If the pundits (from sky, nbc & star sports) including Tim Cahill FYI, are saying it’s not a red card, I’ll take their opinion as having greater validity.

Do you think you know more than ex-professionals?

He’s want someone consoling the div who snapped his leg?

He’s done it to look like Mr Nice. It’s a disgrace. Embarrassed that he’s leading this team but it explains a lot.

Christ imagine wanting to be a nice person as you go through life. Putting your personal feelings about a situation aside to help people who are in distress.... Where will it end?

I’m guessing people don’t break their ankles every day of life then. I cannot wait for you to call for one of our players to be sent off when we foul a player to break up play, when they have no intention of going for the ball.

He got the red because of the ankle break, not the challenge. That challenge happens 2 or 3 times a week in the PL. it’s a yellow card challenge. The league (actually it’s More appropriate to say the referee committee) also didn’t think Ali’s handball was a penalty, so I’d not use them as the ultimate authority on this... unless you don’t think it was a peno.

If the pundits (from sky, nbc & star sports) including Tim Cahill FYI, are saying it’s not a red card, I’ll take their opinion as having greater validity.

Obvious foul,but never a red.Can't see the rule that says if the player ends up badly injured that the card is automatically upgraded.

[/QUOTE He got the red because he went to hurt the player on purpose he was angry he got a slap in the face so he trips tackles Gomes which resulted in Gomez getting broken ankle. If son didn’t make that challenge Gomes wouldn’t be in surgery right now. But if son didn’t get a slap and did that tackle he would of only got a yellow. Professional foul is different it’s a yellow all day but you don’t go into hurt the player. However I think if you hack someone down to stop a attack that should be red because your not going for the ball is which what I said. And no I don’t think I know more than ex players what a stupid question. But ex players all have different opinions so who is right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.