2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was boss.

Came on the scene, explosive, dynamic and probably a little fearless.

Since the leg break, the fella is a different player. He's lost a yard of pace, he can't defend, he can't attack. He's basically just not very good anymore. We've got to do a lot to fix this squad, but it should be starting with this fella. Boss Servant, but we haven't got time for sentiment. Needs replacing.

....the injury to Pieters clearly affected him, but it affected him too much. It was an accident, apologise and move on. Don’t sit with him whilst he’s getting treatment, don’t apologise again coming into the pitch at half-time. He’s a lovely bloke, but he should’ve been focused on Everton, he should’ve been focused on the game.

That's the problem though eggs, they are too nice and lose focus far too often.

There isn't a nasty steak to us, no grit or determination to really dig in when the going gets tough.

He's not been playing well, like the vast majority of our squad, and it was stupid what he done today, but to suggest he's a freeloader is a bit extreme.

He's trying and it matters to him, I'm not sure that can be said for a fair few of them. He'll be trying his best to get us out of this mess, don't think he'll be downing tools and freeloading.

And in a perfect world Sidibe comes in, impresses and keeps his spot. There are other areas of the pitch that concern me far more than right back.
No I wasn't suggesting Seamus is a freeloader far from it,love the fella,he has given his all for us but in all truth should have been moved on a couple of years ago as he has never been the same since that horrific injury my point in regards to Seamus is we are too sentimental as a club,the freeloaders relate to the majority of ex Evertonians employed at the club.

....the injury to Pieters clearly affected him, but it affected him too much. It was an accident, apologise and move on. Don’t sit with him whilst he’s getting treatment, don’t apologise again coming into the pitch at half-time. He’s a lovely bloke, but he should’ve been focused on Everton, he should’ve been focused on the game.
If he hadn't have had his own leg broken it wouldn't have affected him as much. It was clearly on his mind.

If he hadn't have had his own leg broken it wouldn't have affected him as much. It was clearly on his mind.

...I absolutely agree that was the reason. His actions were understandable for a very decent man, but perhaps they were a bit too much from a game management perspective. The mental scars are clearly still there and affect him more than they would some less caring type.

...I absolutely agree that was the reason. His actions were understandable for a very decent man, but perhaps they were a bit too much from a game management perspective. The mental scars are clearly still there and affect him more than they would some less caring type.
The coaching staff should've been more aware of this, there's an argument he should've been substituted at half-time, especially with a yellow card.

Status
Not open for further replies.