SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

The problem isn't VAR itself. The problem is that people (or officials or people in power) have figured out a way to use it to their advantage.

I think we saw a completely blatant offside called onside for Man United the other day. It led to a 1-0 win and 3 points.

It's not that every decision is biased. It's just enough 5% of the time that it gets the desired result. You can apply that to absolutely anything in life.

They're picking what footage and freeze frames to show. I remember maybe it was a year or ago, they didn't even bother to show a replay when they blew for offside. They were probably worried it WASN'T offside. They had ages when the ball was out of play and never showed anything.

VAR is just a tool, if VAR wasn't around, you'd have refs or linesman or anyone that can influence the game, give the odd decision here or there.

30DE1266-2F77-4A8B-85CA-8FE05E29B626.jpeg

More like this in reality

Scrapping it won't make an ounce of difference, it will just go back to the bent refs, allowing decisions, favouring the 'righteous', its happened ever since I started watching football!
When you hear prick Walton's justification for not being more than a yellow, which screamed inconsistencies with what we could see with our eyes, the problem isn't just VAR, it is the referees and their biases, conscious or otherwise. Perhaps foreign refs is the answer.

Pretty sure you don't draw straight vertical lines when the camera is on an angle.
it is very complicated, to do it properly you'll need to know about focal length of the camera, understand parallax, lens barrel distortion, predictive/bipredictive/intracoded frames, even the adverse slope on the goodison pitch, what they do with these lines is horrifically bad.

it is very complicated, to do it properly you'll need to know about focal length of the camera, understand parallax, lens barrel distortion, predictive/bipredictive/intracoded frames, even the adverse slope on the goodison pitch, what they do with these lines is horrifically bad.

Maybe, but that picture is fan made and just plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.