Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm saying is if people have this certain level of expectations for Bolasie's goal and assist production based on what should be reasonably expected for his fee then what are the reasonable expectation for Schneiderlin given that he has also cost over 20 million pounds?

It doesn't seem like they're going to be judged similarly to me. People have these expectations for Bolasie to score and set up loads of goals because he cost 25 million and is a winger but nobody seems to be putting the same pressure on Schneiderlin to justify his fee in a similar way.
I'm not putting unfair pressure on the lad (bolasie, I do like the lad) but any team that spends in excess of 25m for an attacking wide player would expect goals as well as assists. Yes I bring up the price because we've paid a premium for an attacking player who doesn't contribute goals. Schneiderlin job is as a DM is to protect the back 4, but with his excellent passing range 'free up' the creative players in front of him. If we are still giving the ball away easily or not offering our defence the protection it needs then I'll raise the merits of schneiderlin doing his job that he was bought for. As it is, I don't think we'll have those worries over schneiderlin.

I'm not putting unfair pressure on the lad (bolasie, I do like the lad) but any team that spends in excess of 25m for an attacking wide player would expect goals as well as assists. Yes I bring up the price because we've paid a premium for an attacking player who doesn't contribute goals. Schneiderlin job is as a DM is to protect the back 4, but with his excellent passing range 'free up' the creative players in front of him. If we are still giving the ball away easily or not offering our defence the protection it needs then I'll raise the merits of schneiderlin doing his job that he was bought for. As it is, I don't think we'll have those worries over schneiderlin.

Perhaps part of the reason Bolasie wasn't scoring goals was because he was the only one in the team who was setting them up?

Looks like we can't judge him for a month or so. I bet he is worked very hard in the next fortnight to try and gain some fitness. Good job we have Davies to play instead while we get him fit.

Cheers guys. Can see him fully replacing Barry within the next 2 games and starting with Barry being his replacement.

If Davies keeps up his form though there will be dramas when Gana returns.

Good dramas though, obviously.

It's important that he gets used to playing with Ross and Rom. They are fairly unique players. But when he does...he's already going to be great defensively, huge upgrade over Berry.

Status
Not open for further replies.