Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's still a bit rusty, but that's to be expected. Good management from Koeman to bring him off the bench, and I'm one of the people that wanted him to start against City, which probably explains why I'm not managing Everton and Koeman is !

I think we can now put to bed the theory that if we'd signed him on the 2nd Jan that he'd have gone straight into the team against Leicester and he'd have made a difference.

By the end of the season he'll likely have started a fair few games instead of Barry and we'll fully see the benefit of that next season.

Two games in and for 22mm pounds, honestly, what has he done? SELL

But really, hasn't had enough time to make an impact.

Being over critical, but would be nice to see a glimpse of skill yet which impresses me... nothing important but just a piece of footballing skill which made me think "ah, this guy could be great". Examples being Lookman's first involvement today (the one-two shot with Lukaku) and his run around 4 players near the wing which showed off some great qualities... guess it's tougher for a defensive midfielder to show it within 30 minutes.

Being over critical, but would be nice to see a glimpse of skill yet which impresses me... nothing important but just a piece of footballing skill which made me think "ah, this guy could be great". Examples being Lookman's first involvement today (the one-two shot with Lukaku) and his run around 4 players near the wing which showed off some great qualities... guess it's tougher for a defensive midfielder to show it within 30 minutes.

Playing his role is a lot about getting in the rhythm of the game which is difficult when coming on, he'll be fine and look his class towards the end of the season.

Knows where to be to break up play, wins tackles and showed off his passing range with a few passes to Coleman and Holgate. He's just not sharp right now, which will come with game time.

Morgan made a difference today. He allowed us to push harder for that winner while he made a great job defensively as well. Should start over Barry the next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.