Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think Stones at RB against Leicester is our best bet:

Howard

Stones Jagielka Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

McGeady Naismith Mirallas

Lukaku

Don't shoe horn besic into positions where he doesn't usually play. Especially when we have two players who are more than adequate at playing there if needed. (Browning and Stones)

Let besic stick to CM / Cb.

Also didn't realise this was 3pm kick off!

Still think Stones at RB against Leicester is our best bet:

Howard

Stones Jagielka Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

McGeady Naismith Mirallas

Lukaku

Even if thats not ideal, i'd much prefer him to Hibbert. I'm not having a dig at Tony, but i do feel he's not up to it anymore.

Even if thats not ideal, i'd much prefer him to Hibbert. I'm not having a dig at Tony, but i do feel he's not up to it anymore.
I feel the same way. Even with that starting IX we'd have a very strong bench - Barkley, Besic, Gibson, Pienaar, Garbutt/Browning, Robles, McAleny

Don't shoe horn besic into positions where he doesn't usually play. Especially when we have two players who are more than adequate at playing there if needed. (Browning and Stones)

Let besic stick to CM / Cb.

Also didn't realise this was 3pm kick off!
He was playing there last year. He won't be starting at CB or CM at the start of the season and I'd much rather see him on the pitch ahead of Hibbert. Stones isn't a great RB and Browning is totally unproven at a high level and by many accounts is a more natural CB.

He was playing there last year. He won't be starting at CB or CM at the start of the season and I'd much rather see him on the pitch ahead of Hibbert. Stones isn't a great RB and Browning is totally unproven at a high level and by many accounts is a more natural CB.
He played a few games there yet but it seems it was essentially like when we played hibbert at cb. Doesn't need to be done if we're not in dire need.

....yep, Brownings future looks to be CB but he has played RB coming through our ranks and in that England U21 tournament earlier this summer. Agree that he would be the preferred back-up, it doesn't look like Coleman will be ready for Leicester.

Bear in mind Wenger has said that his Germans won't be ready until a month into this season, so it makes sense that the Belgians here won't be ready today.

I trust Roberto regarding the Belgs. We have a long season ahead, he's giving them an extended break, no big deal. We don't want them breaking down early do we? They're both very important players to us after all..

I trust Roberto regarding the Belgs. We have a long season ahead, he's giving them an extended break, no big deal. We don't want them breaking down early do we? They're both very important players to us after all..
Like you, I'm inclined to run with Roberto on the players fitness rather than the usual know-alls spouting off on here. I'd like to think he is slightly better qualified

Like you, I'm inclined to run with Roberto on the players fitness rather than the usual know-alls spouting off on here. I'd like to think he is slightly better qualified
Doesn't explain why he hasn't had them back before now.

But ahead of Besic we have two natural RB in stones and Browning! even though both are now CB's both of them spent the majority of their career at rb!
Majority of their careers? You talking about 2 teenagers! And they're CB's. Anyway, I don't think we're going to agree on this. I'm right, you're wrong. Let's just leave it at that shall we? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.