Transfer Rumour Santiago Sosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was never passing a work permit on normal terms. It was always going to appeal.

But at least we havent signed him yet, this time we are applying BEFORE we buy.

So yeah, its good we have clever people in charge now.

We have great experience of work permits. Banega, Obinna, Onyekuru. I'm glad the club have gone down this route again.

We got a work permit for Banega..... just forgot to buy the player that time :). Think two of the players you mentioned Banega was from the Kenwright era and Obinna not sure if we were even in for him, is that the one who went to WHU ?
"David Moyes suffered another transfer setback today when his proposed move for Ever Banega fell through.
The Everton manager, who missed out on a bold attempt to prise Rafael van der Vaart away from Real Madrid, was confident of landing Banega on a season-long loan and even succeeded in obtaining a work permit for Valencia's Argentinian midfielder.
But he became increasingly frustrated as Valencia stalled over the deal and continued to select their 21-year old anchor man for La Liga matches. They even picked him for their recent Europa League qualifier, thus making him ineligible for Everton's forthcoming group games.
According to sources in Spain, Valencia were taken aback at hearing that Everton had secured a work permit and became more reluctant to release Banega after struggling to recruit any replacements".

Strange we would go for him if we weren't certain of a WP. I guess the price might make him an exception on appeal?

Strange we would go for him if we weren't certain of a WP. I guess the price might make him an exception on appeal?

Maybe it's down to Brands, he would probably get a work permit for him in Holland, but not here in the the UK, or not here at Everton at any rate

Echo outlines the work permit appeals process pretty well.
Have to say, looking at that I can't see how he'd qualify right now. A lack of senior minutes for River Plate and no senior appearances for Argentina are the big hurdles. If the deal happens at all, he'd probably be loaned out like Onyekuru.

Maybe it's down to Brands, he would probably get a work permit for him in Holland, but not here in the the UK, or not here at Everton at any rate
Bit different over here the rules for a non eu players. Not having work permits based on percentages on basis likes as of internationals played. Have to own 150% of the average salary of players in the Dutch league. Last season that was €422k. For u-21 non eu players it is €211k

Bit different over here the rules for a non eu players. Not having work permits based on percentages on basis likes as of internationals played. Have to own 150% of the average salary of players in the Dutch league. Last season that was €422k. For u-21 non eu players it is €211k

Christ, meanwhile Sanchez gets that a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.