Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the apologists would stop trying to deflect criticism by bringing up the lack of other suitable candidates. As far as I am concerned that was more of a timing issue.

The fact remains that Sam has failed to instil any kind of organisation or determination into the squad. I watched the ladies international last night and the Welsh girls were superb against reputedly superior opponents. That is what good coaching and management looks like - you work with what you have, not raise the white flag.

I wish the apologists would stop trying to deflect criticism by bringing up the lack of other suitable candidates. As far as I am concerned that was more of a timing issue.

The fact remains that Sam has failed to instil any kind of organisation or determination into the squad. I watched the ladies international last night and the Welsh girls were superb against reputedly superior opponents. That is what good coaching and management looks like - you work with what you have, not raise the white flag.
I've a feeling the timing was very important.And your suitable candidates were?

That Liverpool 11 is their worst line up of the season, if fat Sam can't take advantage he should be sacked tonight.
Even so, I'm not having it that it's their 'B team' like many are claiming.

Salah & Firmino are HUGE for them, that much is clear, but bar them two that's a pretty normal XI for them. Mane alone usually takes the piss out of us.

Even so, I'm not having it that it's their 'B team' like many are claiming.

Salah & Firmino are HUGE for them, that much is clear, but bar them two that's a pretty normal XI for them. Mane alone usually takes the piss out of us.

They haven't even bothered playing a left back they know we're that useless

I've a feeling the timing was very important.And your suitable candidates were?

I've already said I fancied Silva based on the style of football he was getting from the Watford team. I haven't seen Shaktar so I can't comment on Fonseca's credentials.

I don't think you can just dismiss Silva because of his relegation with Hull or the subsequent tailing off at Watford, which was clearly a consequence of our approach. I would have preferred to keep Unsworth in the job on a caretaker basis, as I think he was just starting to recognise his early mistakes and shifting out some of the deadwood.

I know you disagree and I respect your views, but Sam really hasn't brought anything fresh to the table.

I'd have dropped DCL and played Davies instead. At least Davies has the energy to harass them and will actually manage to close a player down and attempt a tackle.

DCL is useless as a striker, waste of time playing him at 10.

Rooney will naturally sit deeper than he would and him and Davies would take turns being the furthest forward in the 3. It would have provided more cover and set us up a little deeper for their counter
Top footy manager me @davids ;)

Shame Gueye can't start instead of Schneiderlin but what are you gonna do.

I've already said I fancied Silva based on the style of football he was getting from the Watford team. I haven't seen Shaktar so I can't comment on Fonseca's credentials.

I don't think you can just dismiss Silva because of his relegation with Hull or the subsequent tailing off at Watford, which was clearly a consequence of our approach. I would have preferred to keep Unsworth in the job on a caretaker basis, as I think he was just starting to recognise his early mistakes and shifting out some of the deadwood.

I know you disagree and I respect your views, but Sam really hasn't brought anything fresh to the table.
Quite true he wasn't changed much at all and given alternatives he never should have been appointed.But like most of us, players want stability in their work environment.Carry on with a temporary manger would have been a recipe for disaster.Silva could have come but for whatever reason chose not to when he could have.https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/managers-moving-clubs/

Status
Not open for further replies.