Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about it this is what you get when you place the emphasis on pragmatism...which is what happened when Martinez was ousted. I dont want to go into the dynamics of that issue because it's been done to death, but a lot of fans wanted the opposite to idealism and *philosophy*, and what we've seen is the catastrophic installing of two pragmatists who couldn't get a tune out of Man City never mind this lot.

The stick was bent back WAY too far in the opposite direction, and now we are not only a laughable team but one that Evertonians and neutrals alike absolutely loathe.

Summed up well.

But it was Koeman that took a £200mill+ hammer to it.

That's a big hammer.

If he or the club made it plain that he'd move aside when the season was done then this situation would be improved by about 100%.

I think a lot of the anger is down to the prospect of seeing this tripe for another season after this.

If we knew he was here short term then a cloud would be lifted.

Good point but I'd worry that in that situation we might see even less commitment from certain players. If they knew the current manager was only here short term then they might just down tools.

Anyway, I think he'll keep us up and be gone in the summer. I reckon on some level he knows that and was give 18 months instead of 6 so that he knows he's getting a pay off.

Last edited:

Not sure we even need 40 I am guessing 38 will be enough, squeaky bum time the way we are playing. I see nothing in the next two. If anything I'd sit back against Leicester as they are deadly on the counter.

Just got in after being on a night out, man's an absolute fraud. To draw against West Brom at home is unforgivable, especially in the manner in which we did that. It took until the 37th minute to record a shot on target in over 4 hours of league football.

He says the right things but he's not doing them. Everton is his one big chance he's been crying out for so if he genuinely wants a decent rep in the game he's got to get our players performing to levels we fans can appreciate, because so far this sub-staid football style is boring the blue pants out of everyone.

To be fair Sam deserves more time before we get too damning, but the signs aren't great.

was thinking about it. at least when we were awful under martinez we were entertaining and tragic. this is just like having depression. low expectations and self-fulfilling prophecies of crapness.

I've only been able to watch everton consistently for a little over a decade (I'm American and everton v rarely featured before I had a computer that could grab streams and before the NBC deal), but this is the most miserable team to watch we've had in that time by some margin

I guess I'm just reiterating the theme of the thread. hope he keeps us up, don't want to have to watch his everton side again after may.

I can't believe people seriously believed that Allardyce was going to show any different in this job. Just another embarrassing moment for Everton having him manage our team.

We can only hope this is over sooner rather than later but deep down we all know the circus will roll on next August. Imagine how depressing it will be when he leads us onto a new season.
Fully agree and I have to say it blows my mind that any Everton fan, is even remotely happy, to have Sam Alladyce as manager. It's a full on embarrassment to the club.

I fancy Unsworth getting the 4 wins needed to survive more than big Sam.

Unsworth comes in and manage a team struggling at both ends of the pitch. Spend 2 months and manage to make us decent going forward.

Big Sam comes in and reverse it and now we celebrate a shot on target as if it’s a goal. Keeps talking about better Football but 2 months but down the road we’re actually playing even worst than Koeman in terms of attacking.

He says the right things but he's not doing them. Everton is his one big chance he's been crying out for so if he genuinely wants a decent rep in the game he's got to get our players performing to levels we fans can appreciate, because so far this sub-staid football style is boring the blue pants out of everyone.

To be fair Sam deserves more time before we get too damning, but the signs aren't great.
Sam doesn't deserve more time. He should never have been hired! We are stuck with him for now but my concern is that he will be here next season.

I can understand and go along with some of the criticism of hm, e,g. the subs bench was very poor IMO which did not give him many options. For which he is responsible however has no control over players cocking up like Williams for their goal, or that some cannot pass a ball, run into space. He was dealt a hand with players at the club and really if this was a game of poker one would chuck the hand in. The two players signed under him for me are good buys.

Status
Not open for further replies.