Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You serious?? 3 shots on target didn’t include mane’s balls up, salahs header and another header in the second half that Just cleared the bar. Like I said, could have easily been 4 or 5 we were awful and deserved nothing from the game. Saw a star today that yard dog Henderson had more passes that Everton in the first half (61 to 58)

That would be because those shots weren't "on target" ;)

You serious?? 3 shots on target didn’t include mane’s balls up, salahs header and another header in the second half that Just cleared the bar. Like I said, could have easily been 4 or 5 we were awful and deserved nothing from the game. Saw a star today that yard dog Henderson had more passes that Everton in the first half (61 to 58)

Yes I'm serious, the stats don't lie - 3 shots on target in 90 minutes and it took a moment of brilliance for them to hit the back of the net, otherwise Pickford actually had a very quiet afternoon.

Of course, we were under pressure, but we set up with two banks of four to stifle them and try to sneak a goal on the break.

It's all well and good saying you hate Sam's philosophy and I would rather we rocked up to Anfield and played them off the park too, but it ain't happening this season. We're just not good enough to match them in that way.

All sideways and backwards, Henderson's passes, no big deal whatsoever. Saw another stat, them 1 Everton 1.

Let’s see if we get the same amount of luck in the cup game. We’re gonna need it with that football Neanderthal in charge
I don't think anyone was at all pleased with the performance, our ball retention was appalling, utterly appalling. However I would expect a more confident and even further organised squad come the FA Cup game and hopefully some squad improvement through injured players returning and a few purchases/loans.
We might even have a better result next time. :)

Let’s see if we get the same amount of luck in the cup game. We’re gonna need it with that football Neanderthal in charge

As you know mate I'm not too happy with us appointing large Samuel head and I've already stated yesterday I thought we played abysmally.

Thing is, I don't think we would have played any differently had Koeman or anyone else had been in charge. I honestly believe that was the only way to play against them becsuse the squad is simply far too unbalanced to be able to play any other way against the top sides.

Wasn't pretty, damn ugly in fact and there has to be a better end product than what we seen yesterday...BUT, best way for me to look at it is it was a point gained against that shower, we've got under their skin, cost them a couple of points and I can pretty much guarantee he won't be resting players for the FA Cup game and by the time that comes around hopefully we have some of our better players back and a few more options.

@maccavennie yep deffo a point gained but not because of his tactical supremacy nor our outstanding defending. It was pure luck.

Chances are we’ll pick up a knock or two over the festive period as will they. I hope allardyce doesn’t think that’s the blueprint for playing top 4 or we’ll be in for some big trimmings. He is so arrogant that he truely believes yesterday was a tactical masterstroke.

@maccavennie yep deffo a point gained but not because of his tactical supremacy nor our outstanding defending. It was pure luck.

Chances are we’ll pick up a knock or two over the festive period as will they. I hope allardyce doesn’t think that’s the blueprint for playing top 4 or we’ll be in for some big trimmings. He is so arrogant that he truely believes yesterday was a tactical masterstroke.
dead horse.jpg

For me whilst it’s not the type of football I want to see Everton playing, but the three points for me are.

1. Liverpool attacking are flying high and scoring goals for fun at times.
2. We have just got off a really bad run where are defence has leaked to many goals.
3. Confidence of the team is now being restored thanks to Unsworth And now Allardyce.

With this in mind a draw was an acceptable result, we didn’t play great but this was a game I could sacrifice great football for a confidence building draw. We won’t want to be playing like this all the time but at times you have to look at the bigger picture, the position of the team mentally and the squad available.

Status
Not open for further replies.