Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really good read, thanks. Agree with all but I think add in that he is not a likeable man and is not a great advocate for the club - in terms of image and brand and that’s also important. I hope he goes but it’s a dangerous time!

Yes, that's true. He is a hard character to like, but I do suspect the vast majority of his comments are deflection etc.
I've not read his auto-biography but a colleague was telling me last week it was something he learned from SAF or someone like that early on in his managerial career, so I don't pay much attention to his comments that much.

Roberto was perfect for us in the way he spoke about us and how he projected the club, but ultimately he was found wanting severely.

I know a few people who work/own businesses in the Greater Manchester area who've all met or worked with him over the years. They all have a lot of time for him saying he is a really nice bloke.

wow 58 points, that amazing, 10 years ago.. so this year is his most in 10 years. what his average point total over his PL career? bout 40?

also i read it on here that it was his highest point total
Also got 53 with them.. And he only has is it 33 with us..
If your tryin to make an argument it's best not to make up things to try back it up
Who do you want to replace him out of interest

Better than working.
BTW, that was one of my points. People refusing to listen/learn change their mind even slightly regardless of evidence. But good on you for using rationale.
People don’t need to listen/change their mind to you or anyone else. They’re basing their opinions on what they see and what sh!te they’ve been watching for the past 6 months. We’re not blind!!

Yes -end of
The way the were discussing Rooney on talk sport this morning and the manor of the conversation about BS it sounded like it's going to be a total shock to them if he's goes this summer, please god he does, I presume they will talk off air with numpty Jim and that I think they are certain he's staying put.

I remember he was the first to say Koeman was Moshiri's number one target. He also had some believeing, and even betting on, Mourinho being credible. He ademantly denied Moshiri interviewed Moyes at the time. The Echo later claimed he did. He was right about RK being targeted and the rest was what people desperately wanted to hear so it was very popular.
We were def going to sack Martinez. These reassurances went on for weeks but he never specified a time. We def weren't going to rehire Moyes. Elstone out within 12 months. Dein and Gilvary on the board. The most outrageous thing I can remember is a suggestion that the new ground location could be the King's Dock implying the Echo Arena could be torn down.
The pattern continued with repeated reassurances that Lukaku would sign the extension and Mosh def wouldn't hire Sam etc. Now people want to hear Sam's gone so...
He may turn out to be right but his unshakeable optimism and faith in Mosh have thus far led to a prediction hit rate that's none too impressive unfortunately.
Haha forgot about that, embarrassing nonsense but if it gets you followers on Twitter it's all good.
Guess often enough and some are bound to come off, if your wrong you can always play the "only passing on what I heard card"

Status
Not open for further replies.