Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone described rugby as 'formation mugging' and I think that's spot-on.
Allardyce sounds sheepish about staying next season but it looks like he has had the nod to get planning for next season.

Finishing top 8th/9th has swung this for Allardyce. If we had an ambitious owner then it wouldn't have mattered. However, it's apparent now that this feller is looking to get a stadium built with cash from other people so he can look to make a profit and get out and leave the squad building to others. The cash spent on players so far has been generated by the club.

come on now Dave, you're smarter than that. You know he won't be here next year. He'd have been shouting it from the rooftops had he been assured of his position.
I know nothing of the sort, tbh. Allardyce has called for his future to be clarified and now he's declaring it has been and he's planning for it and stating that the owner is on board.

Why should I doubt that?

Actually he did say that

When asked to confirm whether he was staying at the club next season, he replied: "Didn't I just say that? For clarification, yes."

He didn’t that at all - pressed in whether he was planning on transfers, he responded by saying he had a discussion regarding just that, and then pressed on that he reiterated “ we try and move forward at the end of the season”

The journo said:

so you’re all on aboard together forward to [inaudible]

Sam interrupted him to say “ didn’t i just said that?”

Here at 9:04

SA didn’t say he is here next season. He said we have clarity. It may have been clarified that he’s not going to be here.

Pretty sure he said 'yes' when some jouno asked him,i think the worst is gonna happen and he is staying on,dark days ahead.

He didn’t that at all - pressed in whether he was planning on transfers, he responded by saying he had a discussion regarding just that, and then pressed on that he reiterated “ we try and move forward at the end of the season”

The journo said:

so you’re all on aboard together forward to [inaudible]

Sam interrupted him to say “ didn’t i just said that?”

Here at 9:04
THen the Journo says for Clarification yes and Sam stumbles and says Clarification yes

My main concern if Alladyce stays is that it would push us firmly towards the Sunderland/Villa Model:

1. Owner peeing money up the wall on poor signings (which would carry on under Sam)

2. Fans to apathetic to proest leading to the drudgery to continue.

An absolute joke is the club, totally ignoring the fans on this one.

It's not just 12 months of suffering we'll have to sit through, it goes deeper than that. His reluctance to give our young talent a chance is unwavering and will do more damage than a season in charge.

RELEASE A STATEMENT FARHAD AND BIN HIM! Or give your mate Jimbo some intel to reassure the fans that we won't have to endure this toxicity for much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.