2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, we could just stop lumping it up to the big man as our one and only tactic and try and play another way.
I don't disagree that we could try and play a different way. I quite like the way we play when Richarlison is the striker at times, that isn't going to convince me that we play Dobbin as a lone striker though.

I appreciate he isn’t a central striker. But he offers more than Rondon as at least he has pace and is a willing runner. Let’s face it what we’ve seen so far benetiz isn’t adverse to playing players out of position.
Nobody is going to disagree that Rondon needs to be binned immediately. Neither he nor Tosun should play for us again.

We only disagree about who should play instead.

I hope Dobbin gets lots of minutes between now and the end of the season, just not as the central point of our attack

I don't disagree that we could try and play a different way. I quite like the way we play when Richarlison is the striker at times, that isn't going to convince me that we play Dobbin as a lone striker though.
I don't think he suits that role in all honesty but I'm just so tired of seeing Rondon's lumbering carcass doing absolutely nothing up front (I mean, did anyone believe for a second he would score tonight?) that I'm willing to see anything else tried. I hate seeing Rondon in our shirt, he is utterly useless.

I don't think he suits that role in all honesty but I'm just so tired of seeing Rondon's lumbering carcass doing absolutely nothing up front (I mean, did anyone believe for a second he would score tonight?) that I'm willing to see anything else tried. I hate seeing Rondon in our shirt, he is utterly useless.
On that we are in complete agreement

I honestly feel bad for the lad. Not right that we’re all taking our frustration out on him.

He doesn’t select himself. And I thinks it’s clear that he’s trying his best but is just too old and finished.

Mate told me he got a good reception when going off and I love it. It’s very anti-Everton to boo a player giving his all - even when not good enough.
I don't doubt he's giving his best. I was patient when we signed him as he needed to be given time to build fitness etc.

I thought he was OK in the derby, but other than that he's pretty much stunk the place out in every other performance.

He's just too slow and lumbering. Legs have totally gone. I've given up on him totally now.

…what do you expect from your striker;

1) Top back to goal play, holding it up allowing team mates to catch up and relieving pressure on defenders - Nope

2) Run defenders ragged down the channels - Nope

3) Exploits the space in behind defenders giving teammates the option of going over the top - Nope

4) Goes to war with defenders giving them a really difficult time - Nope

5) Links well with team mates, creates partnerships - Nope

6) Fits the playing strategy - Nope

7) Quality, creating & scoring goals from nothing - Nope

8) Sharp in the box, plays in the front foot and gets on the end of crosses - Nope

9) An aerial threat from crosses and set pieces - Nope

10) Decent goal return - Nope
If Eggs, one of the most well rounded posters on here, makes such a post about you as a player - you are terrible.

…what do you expect from your striker;

1) Top back to goal play, holding it up allowing team mates to catch up and relieving pressure on defenders - Nope

2) Run defenders ragged down the channels - Nope

3) Exploits the space in behind defenders giving teammates the option of going over the top - Nope

4) Goes to war with defenders giving them a really difficult time - Nope

5) Links well with team mates, creates partnerships - Nope

6) Fits the playing strategy - Nope

7) Quality, creating & scoring goals from nothing - Nope

8) Sharp in the box, plays in the front foot and gets on the end of crosses - Nope

9) An aerial threat from crosses and set pieces - Nope

10) Decent goal return - Nope

Yep but apart from all that the kid is class isn't he. Nearly match fit now!

The article below is just 4 years old!
10. Salomon Rondon (West Brom)/Romelu Lukaku (Man United)/N'Golo Kante (Chelsea) - 34.56 km per hour

Status
Not open for further replies.