2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cos I said he was totally finished but how can that be because he was our best player other than Gray lol

Hmmmmmm

Let's play a game KevIQ50 and rank players performances from last night

Pickford 5
Coleman 2
Keane 5
Godfrey 5
Digne 2
Townsend 4
Allan 3
Doucoure 4
Gray 7
Richarlison 5
Rondon 6

So KevIQ50 he marginally played better than the majority of players who I'd give no more than a 5.

Played about 5 decent balls, held the ball up well 3-4 times and that was your lot.

Don't be silly and embarrassing yourself by saying he can't be finished if Gray was the only player better than him.

Coleman is finished as well, but I've posted about that in the Coleman thread.
he was other than Gray our best player, and when he went off we were still in the game. And he's only going to get better and better from here, sadly for you. Just like at Newcastle when he took a couple of months to get up to speed, once he did he was very effective. Their player of the year if I recall.

This has to be sarcasm. There's no way anyone can seriously say he's adequate cover for the next couple of years.
well, if we had a hundred million to spend he would n't be here. But given we. had cock all to spend, he was by far the best option open to us.

he was other than Gray our best player, and when he went off we were still in the game. And he's only going to get better and better from here, sadly for you. Just like at Newcastle when he took a couple of months to get up to speed, once he did he was very effective. Their player of the year if I recall.

Why would it be sadly for me Kev? I'd love it if he started scoring and earning that hefty wage of his.

Do you think he'll get better and better, or better and better and better!!!

Passing stats coming up massively now which is promising (12.9 to 13.2)

Holding steady on all the zero's so at least he isn't getting worse.

All in all its another sign he's nearly up to match fitness

Edit : wtf do you mean he pulled his hamstring!
The only hamstring he has is for pulling his gammon out of the oven quicker the fat slob.

He also has a separate beef and chicken string because he's on 100k a week so why not?

Rondon encapsulates everything that is currently wrong with Everton Football Club, we are relying on a player who couldn’t command a transfer fee and who had let himself go to such an extent that it has taken months for him to be able to move about a football pitch.
I have no argument with Rondon, who wouldn’t try their luck at the Premier League when you are being paid Premier League wages as your swan song. I blame the Board who have allowed the club to come to the state where Rondon is an option. We are in need of a complete rebuild, the people who have presided over the last six years need to leave the club and new thinking needs to be brought in.
If the current Board, which includes Brands, remain in charge we will most likely stave off relegation this year but with the exit of any ambitious players we have come next summer, we will go down in time and this lot don’t have the wherewithal to get us back up.
Sacking Benitez is a sideshow and will be used as a smokescreen to mask the failings of others.

Rondon encapsulates everything that is currently wrong with Everton Football Club, we are relying on a player who couldn’t command a transfer fee and who had let himself go to such an extent that it has taken months for him to be able to move about a football pitch.
I have no argument with Rondon, who wouldn’t try their luck at the Premier League when you are being paid Premier League wages as your swan song. I blame the Board who have allowed the club to come to the state where Rondon is an option. We are in need of a complete rebuild, the people who have presided over the last six years need to leave the club and new thinking needs to be brought in.
If the current Board, which includes Brands, remain in charge we will most likely stave off relegation this year but with the exit of any ambitious players we have come next summer, we will go down in time and this lot don’t have the wherewithal to get us back up.
Sacking Benitez is a sideshow and will be used as a smokescreen to mask the failings of others.
A bit yes, a bit no.

Why would it be sadly for me Kev? I'd love it if he started scoring and earning that hefty wage of his.

Do you think he'll get better and better, or better and better and better!!!
well cos you have taken great glee in predicting his demise for some weeks now

well, you've honestly given your opinion. yes. But I fear you will be in for mounds of humble pie over the coming weeks

Have you ever seen the film Stand By Me?

If you have Kev, do you remember the blueberry pie scene?

Well if Rondon comes good, it can be like that scene where everyone's eaten so much pie, that they're all vomiting from it.

I'll even let you tag me into a post Kev from now until 2nd Jan which is a few weeks.

So he has

Home v Arsenal
Away v Palace
Away v Chelsea
Home v Leicester
Away v Burnley
Home v Newcastle
Home v Brighton

So, he's gone 10 games without a goal. There's another 7 games.

So for me to eat humble pie (mounds of it like you say) you know, for a player to really turn that form around, I'd expect

5 goals
3 assists

In the next 7 games

That fair Kev? That would take him to 5 goals over 17 games and 3 assists over 17 games which I'd say would be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.