Safe standing at Bramley-Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubt the atmosphere was better when standing was allowed. Been watching a few Everton games in the 70s on you tube, some have only 20,000 at but the thing that strikes you is the noise from the crowd. Sage standing is the way foreword then you can decide if you want to sit or stand. Nothing for me beat standing in the 70s and 80s with yr mates. Understand the hillsborough thing. In fact I remember going to a Sheffield Wed game in the league cup around mid 80s and being in the leaping lane behind the goal and the swaying of the crowd was unbelievable. Even then I remember thinking this was an accident waiting to happen. But safe standing is the way way foreword. Hopefully 15,000 to 18,000 behind the goal at Bramley Moore will be fantastic

Young mans game @Eggs
My son went there for a match , said it’s the most incredible atmosphere he’s ever felt at a game and he’s been at a lot of big European grounds and matches
Oh dear what have you done.... I hope for your sake that no one from rawk is stalking, Cult FC will issue a fatwa against you, your son and your kin.

...I’ve never understood why fans want to stand up at a football match so this wouldn’t be for me but I totally accept and respect that many would like this.

Same here, Eggs.

When I was a young teenager and could only afford to go in the Street or the Paddock, I used to look enviously at the Main Stand and Top Balcony full of people sitting in what was then the best appointed grandstand in the country and wish I could be up there with them lol

...I’ve never understood why fans want to stand up at a football match so this wouldn’t be for me but I totally accept and respect that many would like this.
Better atmosphere eggs, sitting down is more comfortable, but enthuses lethargy amongst many in my opinion. I recently went to watch Chester and stood behind the goal, lent on a barrier, and found I rather enjoyed it.

Young mans game @Eggs
My son went there for a match , said it’s the most incredible atmosphere he’s ever felt at a game and he’s been at a lot of big European grounds and matches

....true, but i’ve been going to Goodison since the early ‘60s and even as a youngster I preferred to sit and watch my footy. A couple of seasons ago I took in a PSG home match and they appeared to have continuous singing sections behind both goals. I went the Old Firm game at Ibrox a few weeks ago and they have a similar section.

I’m not against it, I just wouldn’t chose to stand there.

....true, but i’ve been going to Goodison since the early ‘60s and even as a youngster I preferred to sit and watch my footy. A couple of seasons ago I took in a PSG home match and they appeared to have continuous singing sections behind both goals. I went the Old Firm game at Ibrox a few weeks ago and they have a similar section.

I’m not against it, I just wouldn’t chose to stand there.
I’ve Celtic mates who go to old firm games regularly
They come back with some crazy stories
Certain streets you can’t walk down , loads of pubs off limits , pubs closed before and after games
Gangs prowling the streets
Crazy stuff

I's all about personal preference @Eggs. Back in the 70s I always prefered standing. I'm 64 now but given the choice I would stand. It's not purely for the atmosphere, I just prefer standing.
I hate sitting down in pubs too, much prefer to stand at a bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.