Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t explain it clearly at all. If you choose not to see that then you should look again.

Please expand on the vested corporate interests that cause refugees?

When was the last time the ‘West’ trampled into a stable country on this scale and threatened anyone who intervened with nuclear weapons?
You had me there, I thought you were being serious. We 'trample' every single day. We do not do 'humanitarian' intervention, we go where there is money to be made. We fund rebels to destabilise regimes that won't play ball and allow access to resources. We assassinate democratically elected leaders and install puppets governments from Iran in the 50s to Iraq in this century.
'We' created the Mujahadeen to fight the Russians to ruin their economy then pissed our pants when they joined the Taliban and created al Qaeda and Isis.
Have you looked into the economics of western warfare? About it's economic dependency on constant warfare and conflict, and you ask for vested interests?
Get an absolute grip.

Standard Charter are the same company that emerged out of the Standard Bank of South Africa. They funded Cecil Rhodes in his attempt to control De Beers. Take it as far back as you want and you can make the case that Liverpool FC are tainted by the stain of blood diamonds.
Exactly, who isn't.

Which is why those virtue signallers who are calling for 'Moshiri out' over this are imbeciles.

I’d like to think that Usmanov in no way supports the actions of Putin.

I fully understand why the Russian Oligarchs are being sanctioned.

As an Evertonian I can’t help feeling worried about the clubs future without Usmanovs backing. Moshiri is undoubtedly funded by Usmanov and there’s no show without punch, as the saying goes.

Weapons don't cause refugees? The materials of war don't cause refugees? The physical objects that cause the destruction of peoples homes, the ability to live a life free of threat, loss of livelihood and life, don't cause refugees? You mad bro?

Over half a million in a few days in this case. Beyond anything we’ve seen since WW2.

Yeah, coz he could see this coming couldn’t he. Don’t see many people complaining 5 years ago about it. Rich owner, new ground, spend loads of dosh. Doeasnt work out, war in Russia. Now comments like this. Take your hindsight & shove it………………………………
Ouch....

If, big if, Usmanov, or even Abramovic for that matter, are 'that' close to Putin, surely they would have had advance notice of his plans and moved money and assets out of reach?
If so then sanctions are theatre, no more.
If not, then it would indicate a disconnect between Putin and the oligarchs making the sanctions futile.
It's how we are these days, rather than do something effective, we pretend to do something for the media 'likes' and ignorant seal clapping approval.
It's a stain of a situation from all sides and the actual victims are the innocent as ever.

You had me there, I thought you were being serious. We 'trample' every single day. We do not do 'humanitarian' intervention, we go where there is money to be made. We fund rebels to destabilise regimes that won't play ball and allow access to resources. We assassinate democratically elected leaders and install puppets governments from Iran in the 50s to Iraq in this century.
'We' created the Mujahadeen to fight the Russians to ruin their economy then pissed our pants when they joined the Taliban and created al Qaeda and Isis.
Have you looked into the economics of western warfare? About it's economic dependency on constant warfare and conflict, and you ask for vested interests?
Get an absolute grip.

I agree and understand all the first two paragraphs. Can’t say I do understand the economics of western warfare.

When was the last time the ‘West’ trampled into a stable country on this scale and threatened anyone who intervened with nuclear weapons?

Doesn’t really answer this though?

As you say the Mujahadeen were a reaction to Russian invasion.

Iran - fair enough.

Iraq? The country ruled by Saddam? We may have opened a can of worms but he was a dictator who murdered thousands. It certainly wasn’t a stable country.

Leaving out the human cost here, but Russia have now secured large swathes of the south and east of the country for their buffer zone. Peace talks are under way in Belarus.

Objectives are almost complete for Putin, surely?

Maybe once the dust settles on this needless war and the heat is turned down (which in good time it will be) we can see a bit clearer precisely how legally the sanctioning of people has been and how that impacts on sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.