Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
A proven goalscorer in the premiership, has a great finish, and IMHO a far better buy than the likes of Nugent! Although he'd more than likely go to the barcodes or spurs, but we might get lucky.

And besides, why not?

Nugent or Bent, £4 mil or £15 mil, one we can afford the other we can't, one wants to come the other will be wanted by the 'big four', sorry BK has to be Nugent but then again if we leave him for a year he will be gratis;)

Nugent or Bent, £4 mil or £15 mil, one we can afford the other we can't, one wants to come the other will be wanted by the 'big four', sorry BK has to be Nugent but then again if we leave him for a year he will be gratis;)

Fair nuff, had not seen the cost of Bent, that does put some HUGE doubt on the benefits :p

I dont think hed wait the year Monty! But i know what your saying its leverage for any transfer.

Forget a takeover with the amount of strikers on our books and coming through we could sort out our financial difficulties on future sales alone! What a difference a year makes eh?

Sheff Weds Right Back linked today Frankie Simeck:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/6699551.stm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Simek

Former Arsenal trainee who left for first team football, fan favouratye at hillsbourgh. Could be a good buy anyone seen him play?

Last edited:
I dont think hed wait the year Monty! But i know what your saying its leverage for any transfer.

Forget a takeover with the amount of strikers on our books and coming through we could sort out our financial difficulties on future sales alone! What a difference a year makes eh?

But would you really like to see us as just a feeder club - I'd rather hold onto the best of the young ones coming through!

Why are we being talked about as a feeder club? We haven't sold a decent player since Rooney. In my opinion we just offload the garbage and bring in the quality.

As for Bent, he is proven as a striker, but is that an area we need to improve on? I would say no.

As Ghost said its about getting rid of the ones who dont make it or reach the same quality as the others, simple maths tells us that eight into two (hopefully) just doesnt go.

Example i reckon we could get up to 4mill form celtic or Ranger for Jimy Mac if he doesnt star produceing. Thats a fair profit on what we paid. You sometime wonder do clubs buy young players who will improve marginally to make a little profit on them. If they make the first team happy days, but they wont loose their outlay in any event!

Last edited:
As Ghost said its about getting rid of the ones who dont make it or reach the same quality as the others, simple maths tells us that eight into two (hopefully) just doesnt go.

Your maths does you justice :p

Fair enough, I had read your comments as basically a cash-in on any talent coming through - my bad! I agree that anyone who is on par (or below) others already 'proven' then why not cash-in indeed, like you say make financial sense.

As for Bent, he is proven as a striker, but is that an area we need to improve on? I would say no.
Well, as was pointed out his cost would nobble the idea before it starts, but as to why - depth of squad with proven quality, I'm just not convinced our top 4 strikers are enough (AJ, Vaughan, Victor and McFadden) for the coming season - hopefully I will be pointed and laughed at :p

Well we have scored some great goals, created some good goals. Faddy has been injured and so has Cahill, imagine if Cahill hadn't been away for so long. Less said the better about BT, but we have Vaughan and Anichebe who want to play and score, and we have this Swindon lad who has first team experience and has scored goals too.

Spending 6million + on a striker is a waste of our funds, when we are in need of a few midfielders and a few defenders.

Have to agree with Ghost priority should be midfield and defence. If heavens knows Moyes likes them Bt and McF stay, then we have AJ, Vaughan, Anichebe and the other young lad to call on, so are we exactly lightwieght up front. I think for Nugent to come, I think some one will have to leave. Mind Nugent is not proven at this level yet but there again neither was Lesott and look at him.

so ANOTHER sheff wedsneday defender is linked to us, american simik, it appears while turner was watched there a few other players appeared on the radar (bougherra remember)

i appreciate the noises being made in the transfer market - defenders and versatility, but its all a bit soon, its still may, moyes signed howard, lescott and aj in june last year, and there are still some international commitments to be seen out this summer yet.

So really, we need a RB or LB, and a LM or CM, and maybe a striker...i wanna sign Huntelaar :D - rumoured to go to newcaslte this morning...if newcaslte can get him so can we!, Matty TAylor as the LB, and Yaya Toure as the CM, thats what i want :D...chances of that happening thogh are....1/10000

I read Barton to the Toon. Parker to WBA.

If that is the case, why not try and tie Parker up now. He IS a good player and would really really compliment out midfield. I know there was some wrangling 2 seasons ago with his wage packet so he chose the toon, but you can't blame the lad. I would have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.