2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea fans must be wandering what the hells going on... they are actually going to do an everton here... sign barkley, and sell hazard to real madrid in the summer !!

It's absolutely fine to be disappointed and it's also fine to absolutely hate what the rat is done. I feel both ways tbh. We've lost out badly but it's not through any fault of our own. The lad has had us off and is right up there with Barmby in the snake index.
Disagree. People at the top should have had him tied down well before they began negotiations in 2016. Every club does it even knowing the player will probably leave. Its poor business from our club

Nope not simple.

why spend £35m on a player in the summer who can’t play for you until January due to injury when you can just sign him in January when he’s fit for far less ?

All signs now point to Chelsea telling him to wait until January which suggests they never had any intention of signing him for £35m meaning we didn’t lose out on any money.
People were saying this at the time but I just can't see it. All Chelsea had to do was say that he failed his fitness test and nobody, not even us, would have battered an eyelid. Why let the player be hung out to dry with his own club and fans.

No it was definitely Barkley's choice at the time, most probably on the advice of his agent. Why?. Who knows. Personally I think he's been holding out for his preference, Spurs, plans that have been scuppered by them now changing their minds.

Nope not simple.

why spend £35m on a player in the summer who can’t play for you until January due to injury when you can just sign him in January when he’s fit for far less ?

All signs now point to Chelsea telling him to wait until January which suggests they never had any intention of signing him for £35m meaning we didn’t lose out on any money.
Except that his latest injury happened in training , early in the season , after the original transfer broke down .

I know that. We all know that haha

We are losing out though because the deal was all but done

Right but it’s not Barkley fault Chelsea wanted to wait and get him on cheap due to his injury or whatever... so not sure how he personally has cost us £20m. The physio who supposedly got fired for masssaging him wrong leading to the hammy injury is more to blame... provided that rumour is legit.

It's always the player, never the club.

Evertonians still being done by snake charmers at L4.

Twas ever thus.
I think I effectively mentioned the club could have handled it better too. But not to worry.
Always respect your views Dave, but here I'm struggling to see why there's not even a passing acknowledgement from you that Barkley has had his boyhood club over in the playing out of this saga.
Yeah its all the clubs fault honest. Nothing to do with Ross and his advisors.

People were saying this at the time but I just can't see it. All Chelsea had to do was say that he failed his fitness test and nobody, not even us, would have battered an eyelid. Why let the player be hung out to dry with his own club and fans.

No it was definitely Barkley's choice at the time, most probably on the advice of his agent. Why?. Who knows. Personally I think he's been holding out for his preference, Spurs, plans that have been scuppered by them now changing their minds.

If he was holding out for spurs then I agree he has cost us but that’s a big if and I think it’s more likely Chelsea saw the extent of the injury and decided to wait until January when they could get him cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.