2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post which the forum clown has tried to belittle. Far more realistic than the 24 x 7 drivel posted by himself.

In fact, I would say this is far more realistic than any of the other guesses we are all trying to make.
No, the real story is that he's being forced out of town at the end of a gun.

...apparently.

Good post which the forum clown has tried to belittle. Far more realistic than the 24 x 7 drivel posted by himself.

In fact, I would say this is far more realistic than any of the other guesses we are all trying to make.

Much more plausible that the utter tripe the forum clown usually spouts. ;)

I think for Ross Koeman presented the first real challenge in his career.He wasn't dealing with nice and friendly Mr Martinez and his endless positivity anymore.Koeman in contrast is quite a cold and clinical man who isn't really in the business of blowing steam up peoples backsides.Koemans attitude to Ross was to earn your stripes and prove yourself.There's no friendly pat in the backs of me.So that was the challenge for Ross.Earning Koemans respect, establish himself in the Everton team and be a real driving force for us.I think Koeman was hoping that some tough love would bring out the best in Ross.

As we have seen with his refusal to sign the contract and his desire to leave, Ross decided to run away from the first major challenge in his career instead of embracing it.He does not seem to have the bottle to prove Koeman wrong and establish himself in the Everton team.The first time he is presented with a challenge in his footballing career and his responce is to run hide and escape from the challenge.Say's a lot about his mentality really.Koeman wanted to test Ross Barkleys character and he failed dismally.If Ross had any bottle he would sign that contract and go and prove Koeman wrong.But he didn't he decided to run away.He has seemingly decided to run away from the challenge and run away from the opportunity of being an Everton legend.It's still not too late to change your mind Ross.Don't throw the opportunity of being an Everton legend away.

But if he goes to Spurs, a side challenging for titles, playing champions league, and one that the majority feel he can't break into...isn't that more of a challenge than what Koeman is offering?

There is also the theory that the constant ignoring of Ross by England may have also led to him questioning himself.

Before the last tournament, he had played in a lot of the qualifiers and seemed to be making himself a regular. The Jack Wilshire was brought back in ahead of him and all of a sudden he was ousted and sent further down the pecking order.

Since then he has basically been shunned by the national side, then Koeman has spoken out about him, hauled him off at half time in a game last season etc....so it would be no surprise to me if he was feeling like things could have been turning against him at Everton as Koeman is certainly not the sort of guy to pander to anybodys needs.

I think for Ross Koeman presented the first real challenge in his career.He wasn't dealing with nice and friendly Mr Martinez and his endless positivity anymore.Koeman in contrast is quite a cold and clinical man who isn't really in the business of blowing steam up peoples backsides.Koemans attitude to Ross was to earn your stripes and prove yourself.There's no friendly pat in the backs of me.So that was the challenge for Ross.Earning Koemans respect, establish himself in the Everton team and be a real driving force for us.I think Koeman was hoping that some tough love would bring out the best in Ross.

As we have seen with his refusal to sign the contract and his desire to leave, Ross decided to run away from the first major challenge in his career instead of embracing it.He does not seem to have the bottle to prove Koeman wrong and establish himself in the Everton team.The first time he is presented with a challenge in his footballing career and his responce is to run hide and escape from the challenge.Say's a lot about his mentality really.Koeman wanted to test Ross Barkleys character and he failed dismally.If Ross had any bottle he would sign that contract and go and prove Koeman wrong.But he didn't he decided to run away.He has seemingly decided to run away from the challenge and run away from the opportunity of being an Everton legend.It's still not too late to change your mind Ross.Don't throw the opportunity of being an Everton legend away.

Perhaps he can't handle it but it's doesn't appear in his play after he was dropped last season he responded well on every occasion, which runs contrary to popular consensus. Only once in the five times he returned to the side did he fail to score or assist, and even then, he scored a week later. Many believe Barkley needs to be mollycoddled yet here he was disproving that, and it went unnoticed.

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/16-...58.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

There is also the theory that the constant ignoring of Ross by England may have also led to him questioning himself.

Before the last tournament, he had played in a lot of the qualifiers and seemed to be making himself a regular. The Jack Wilshire was brought back in ahead of him and all of a sudden he was ousted and sent further down the pecking order.

Since then he has basically been shunned by the national side, then Koeman has spoken out about him, hauled him off at half time in a game last season etc....so it would be no surprise to me if he was feeling like things could have been turning against him at Everton as Koeman is certainly not the sort of guy to pander to anybodys needs.

Barkley isn't the first or last player to be snubbed via decades of mismanagement and underachievement in the England set up.

Scholes, Le Tissier, Hoddle, Waddle (maybe) all either criminally underused or not at all (and that's just midfield).

He's not in that bracket of player but they're a group of players that people and managers for England that always say "he can't do this" rather than believe in what they can do.

The whole thing is a crock and no transfer to Spurs etc should change that imo

The club offered him the salary and he accepted, that isn't money-grabbing in my opinion.

Ross on the other hand....
...tuned down big money to get a move elsewhere, or so the reports this morning suggested.

I take them all with a pinch of salt.

he's a good player who doesn't need the aggravation here and he can go to a top club with CL footy.

That's all there is to see, imo. No greed, just a player looking to progress having given 11 years to the club he supports.

...tuned down big money to get a move elsewhere, or so the reports this morning suggested.

he's a good player who doesn't need the aggravation here and he can go to a top club with CL footy.

That's all there is to see, imo. No greed, just a player looking to progress having given 11 years to the club he supports.

Poor Ross....the naughty Club have taken liberties with him for 11 years. 11 years of glorious performances not rewarded.
Wake up Dave and whiff the coffee. The lads been kippered by his agent, put in a place of no return and isn't bright enough to take control of the mess himself.

But where is he going to go that doesnt have psycho scallies who will him a slap when he tries to knob their women? If the rumours of external aggravation are true, then he will have similar issues wherever he goes. I'm not a fan of his, so i couldn't care less, but lots and lots do, so it is a shame that they are losing their idol for such flimsy reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.