2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this true? I would have thought football clubs would have players insured for when they are injured. Save clubs a few bob each year as there are always injured players.
You could be right but I would think that insurance companies would charge the earth to insure top level footballers against injury......

Looks like his fitness status updates on his insta where not for all the Everton fans that follow him but for Chelsea and Conte.

So Barkley's agent is to blame before Barkley? Sorry, this isn't some naive 15 year old boy.

And again, you can hate the manager of a club as much as you want, if you care about the club, don't screw it out of 20M. The 20M is Barkley's fault and his alone.

I do wonder if Ross realizes how the Everton fanbase will now think of him.

Had to laugh at reading Antonio Conte's quotes from his presser this morning regarding Barkley as they were extremely similar to the ones made by Mancini about Rodwell; "he's young, he's english blah blah blah...". Neither manager when signing either of these players seemed particularly enthused about the player, rather they just blurted out the club's reasoning: right nationality for our quota, inexpensive and dumb enough to throw first team football out the window for a chance to sit on our bench.

Just seen these quotes from Conte talking about how Ross has room for improvement. Has anyone checked in with him to see how he's handling the news?

"I think that the club decided for this investment. This is a good opportunity for the club to buy this player. For sure, it is a good prospect for Chelsea.

"He is very young, he has a lot of space for improvement. He is very strong physically, has good technique."

You're nothing but a "good prospect" to them you rat snake. Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.