Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, Ross hasn't read this thread today, or any day really, as he'd a bit perturbed to say the least.
To answer someone earlier questioning whether this would affect Ross because he seems 'fragile', I'd say not playing any mins for England since 'forever' (including not even getting picked for the squad), combined with public 'dressing downs' from his club manager, might've unsettled a few players. I don't see any of that fragility in his performances this year? I don't see a punch to the face and some clown reporter spouting crap, affecting him more than that, It's probably the most salient part of this story, in this thread.

As for the rest of this thread today -
It was racist. If the 'reporter' didn't know the heritage links, then a 'real' apology might've sufficed (not really but at least an attempt at one, that was actually sincere). Scrap that, the guy isn't sincere and nor would be his apology.
Joe Anderson was right to 'call' this immediately, as it also contained the stereotypical portrayal of 'scousers'.
Where the 'Mayor' went wrong was to lambast the club for not banning the s*n and then saying we should turn our backs on the club as a protest!
He knows that it's only been recently, after many years, that 'they' have managed do what he asks our club to do asap.
The cynic in me thinks that this is a 'gesture' to show the reds that he hasn't favoured us over the stadium, he's impartial after all?

The Burnley game should be a good indicator of his character; what with the negative publicity after being cracked on the chin, the pressure of his contract ultimatum being highlighted in the press, and now being publicly abused by some moronic 'journalist'. I'm hoping he can put it all behind him for 90 or so minutes and give a top-drawer performance... but I have my doubts.

Well we do of course as humans share a common ancestor with the great apes. It's McKenzie who never evolved. He should have been outcast by his profession a long long time ago . Let's hope he gets his just deserts this time

Can't believe some of the comments on this thread. A mixed race player is compared to a gorilla by one of the most odious 'journalists' around, and some people are using it as a stick to bash Anderson, Moshiri and all things EFC.

If you're going to critique our club and call supporters hypocrites for having dealings with News Corporation, I'd remind you of John 8:7, 'let he that is without sin cast the first stone'.

Unless you a) never go the game b) never watch a game on TV c) never spend any of your money or time on anything related to Everton or Premier League football, you're in no position to criticise anyone.

It's ridiculous to lump all News Corp outlets into one basket - you could pick any multi-national company, go all the way up the ladder to their overall owners, and find an utter gobsh!te at the helm. The Times, Talksport, Sky etc are not in the same league as Mackenzie/The S*n who have a long track record in offending people from Liverpool.

I suppose it's like saying Heseltine isn't as bad as Boris Johnson, or Ken Clarke isn't as bad as IDS.

Anyway, Ross is one of our players and he deserves our support in this matter - if you feel the need to twist this into yet another purely speculative moan about Joe Anderson/Moshiri/Koeman then you're not an Everton supporter IMO.

I have to say in all honesty I never knew Ross was mixed race.

Nor cared.

He just looks like a typical Caucasian kid to me.

And this, ladies and gentlemen of the liberal persuasion, is the difference between us and the racist Neanderthals whom have been empowered with freak election results this past year or so.

They make it their business to find out these kind of irrelevant facts about people.

Like The Birthing Movement in Obama era America, which never gave up despite never being able to substantiate their racist bollox.

Can't believe some of the comments on this thread. A mixed race player is compared to a gorilla by one of the most odious 'journalists' around, and some people are using it as a stick to bash Anderson, Moshiri and all things EFC.

If you're going to critique our club and call supporters hypocrites for having dealings with News Corporation, I'd remind you of John 8:7, 'let he that is without sin cast the first stone'.

Unless you a) never go the game b) never watch a game on TV c) never spend any of your money or time on anything related to Everton or Premier League football, you're in no position to criticise anyone.

It's ridiculous to lump all News Corp outlets into one basket - you could pick any multi-national company, go all the way up the ladder to their overall owners, and find an utter gobsh!te at the helm. The Times, Talksport, Sky etc are not in the same league as Mackenzie/The S*n who have a long track record in offending people from Liverpool.

I suppose it's like saying Heseltine isn't as bad as Boris Johnson, or Ken Clarke isn't as bad as IDS.

Anyway, Ross is one of our players and he deserves our support in this matter - if you feel the need to twist this into yet another purely speculative moan about Joe Anderson/Moshiri/Koeman then you're not an Everton supporter IMO.

Amen

Kelvin Mackenzie should by rights be a complete pariah, the rest of the media should shun him and people should throw rotten veg at him in the street. He's a poisonous slug and the world would be a better place if he were to die today.

The Burnley game should be a good indicator of his character; what with the negative publicity after being cracked on the chin, the pressure of his contract ultimatum being highlighted in the press, and now being publicly abused by some moronic 'journalist'. I'm hoping he can put it all behind him for 90 or so minutes and give a top-drawer performance... but I have my doubts.

It doesn't really matter how he plays, just support the lad.
COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.