Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some good supporting comments from the soccer Saturday panel this afternoon. Even big nose (who even said Everton was a big club ffs)

General consensus was they couldn't believe he was left out of the latest England squad, and that very few people his age are given the responsibility of the number 10 position and asked to control a game from there. Was good to hear actually.

Got some good supporting comments from the soccer Saturday panel this afternoon. Even big nose (who even said Everton was a big club ffs)

General consensus was they couldn't believe he was left out of the latest England squad, and that very few people his age are given the responsibility of the number 10 position and asked to control a game from there. Was good to hear actually.
Best thing Sam could do for him. Now he will be the media's favourite. He just has to hope he doesn't get picked too soon.

Best thing Sam could do for him. Now he will be the media's favourite. He just has to hope he doesn't get picked too soon.
Couldn't agree more mate. Don't want the fat get anywhere near him tbh.

It just made a pleasant change to hear some positive things being said about him. Especially with him being such a confidence player.

Thought making him captain the other week was a nice touch. I'm pretty sure he'll stay, we're not a selling club anymore.

EDIT apart form Stones of course but he's been pushing to go for a while

Do you think we were ever after a 3rd because we were never linked with any apart from Hart and we turned that down?

Koeman said he wanted 'three good keepers' a few times. As the window progressed I had a sneaky feeling that may have been a masked jibe at Robles more than anything.

After the Stoke game (where Stek was again very good) he did say Stek was his number one due to good form

Koeman said he wanted 'three good keepers' a few times. As the window progressed I had a sneaky feeling that may have been a masked jibe at Robles more than anything.

After the Stoke game (where Stek was again very good) he did say Stek was his number one due to good form
I thought at the time the 3 good keepers may have just been a way of taking the pressure of Stek because the fans would be questioning why we bought such a cheap GK to be our No 1 and even perhaps so Robles didn't think he was going to be sold.

If Stek performed well I think it was always the plan he would be our No 1. If he didn't then I think we may have brought in Hart and sold Robles.

That's just pure speculation but it was my feeling during the window and subsequently as it has turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.