Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate can tell you right now, say you take over Bayern Munichs fitness training, then within a year those players would look shockingly unfit compared to how they are now, because professional sportsman at this level need to be specifically and individually molded, it's long ogne from the days of sinking 12 pints on a friday and getting on the pitch on the saturday afternoon like it used to be.

Doesn't matter how good an athlete or how commited you are, if your left ot your own devices then your fitness will suffer no matter what, theirs a reason that during breaks in the us etc some of those players came back to work at clubs in england to keep their fitness up, also a reason some out of contract players ask clubs if they can use their facilities and staff tp help them keep in shape - think Blomquist for example did that at United after his contract finished

Maybe Barkley is just someone who doesn't fully understand how to get himself in the best shape for playing and has gone overboard on the gym work - that for me looks the case anyways as he has bulked up massively the past 12 months and it certainly isnt fat.

In short he is putting the work in but its not the right type of work to aid him on the pitch mate, its why all clubs have proffesionals these days whose sole job it is is to do this with players

I beg to disagree.

He looks like he is unfit.

Specifically he lacks the definition , particularly in the face, that you see with honed athletes

Barkley is surely unfit, finding it odd that people are saying otherwise - he literally looks fatter than when we saw him burst onto the scene. He's also doesn't seem to be burning defenders, and seemingly on his arse after 10 minutes of running.

Neither physically nor mentally sharp enough.

If he doesn't start making it more difficult for oppo. midfielders when they're in possession by three games in next season, then it's time to get shut.

Also he needs to stop running down blind alleys, and showing far too much of the ball to the first player he comes across when he does have the ball.

Time to sh1t or get off the pot. We (and you) haven't got all day.

Neither physically nor mentally sharp enough.

If he doesn't start making it more difficult for oppo. midfielders when they're in possession by three games in next season, then it's time to get shut.

Also he needs to stop running down blind alleys, and showing far too much of the ball to the first player he comes across when he does have the ball.

Time to sh1t or get off the pot. We (and you) haven't got all day.
This - opposition players must be laughing when they are against such pedestrians

Struggling for form big time, i wouldnt take him to the euros whereas at the start of the season he was a definite.

Love how quickly you lot turn on s genuinely talented blue. Yes he needs his arse kicked but some of the OTT drivel spouted over the last few pages is ridiculous

Tbh the over the top drivel in the thread is by the deluded who think /thought he was going to be the next Zidane.

Lots of slagging Ross off, Lots of questions of where he has gone wrong.
I have to ask does the lad know himself, he is not half the player he was a few years ago that i watched..
Moyes didn,t play him for whatever reason .. maybe he saw what none of us would... none of us being managers.
The potential that gave the us the song ..We got a diamond..has diminished to not even being a sparkle,if ever a major comeback was/is needed it is from you Mister Ross Barkley.
C,mon lad..

Status
Not open for further replies.