Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
enjoy posting your nonsense then!
spchlss.gif

Unfair mate. Name me another Everton player who had 22 England caps by the time they were 22. Even Alan Ball, who many consider the greatest player ever to wear Everton blue, took longer to get as many caps, and most of those were when he played for Blackpool.

When he first broke through, a lot of fans thought he was the future of England, not just the "deluded local Everton fans". @Pseudonym pretty much called it in his post above. For whatever reason the lad never progressed and, if he does leave as looks likely, I personally hope he never will, as I'd absolutely hate to see him strutting it for another team. But that doesn't mean that, managed properly, he couldn't have been an Everton great and I, for one, think it's a great shame that he never will.
In fairness mate, when Bally was playing they didnt have 12 meaningless England friendlies per year? It is easy to get a sackful of international apperances nowadays. Plus ANY comparison of fat head with the ginger-headed god, is utter, utter sacriledge!

In fairness mate, when Bally was playing they didnt have 12 meaningless England friendlies per year? It is easy to get a sackful of international apperances nowadays. Plus ANY comparison of fat head with the ginger-headed god, is utter, utter sacriledge!
got a point. How many important competitive games was Ross trusted in for England. Very few

Sorry but I seen plenty of fabulous runs and Ross just holds the ball for too long or doesn't make the clever pass.

In truth, his wonder goal vs newcastle he should have played the ball to Rom about 6 times but he didn't.
Sorry but I seen plenty of fabulous runs and Ross just holds the ball for too long or doesn't make the clever pass.

In truth, his wonder goal vs newcastle he should have played the ball to Rom about 6 times but he didn't.

That's also true to be honest. It's hard to say what will really make him work. I think he wants the glory, he wants to live the dream in that 'Roy of the Rovers' being Everton's hero - kind of way. I hope it works. Some THFC fans think he is going to be re-styled as a CM - I wonder how he'd work as a winger?

Just can't see him playing for anybody else , he's a blue , surely Rooney has or should have a word with him . If he leaves it will be the start of a downward spiral (for him ).

Man City hahaha. They struggle so much to create chances don't they, with only De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Sane and Sterling to choose from in those positions. What they're crying out for is Ross Barkley.
He could easily see Guardiola turning him into a deep lying play maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.