Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly dont really rate him, and thats fine.

I do rate him, and I see Ross working his way into these teams, and showing how good he is when surrounded by quality.
Your fighting a losing battle the majority of our fan base would take Gueye over him all day & slate Ross but want a player who has been subbed at half time on numerous occasions as he is unable to pass more than 10 yards & has largely been Poor since the African nations cup to be our player of the year. Don't care if rom said he should he is a good player but is built up to be better than he is yet we do the opposite with one of our own.

They also quote stats that he is better than Kante but when anyone quotes stats that show Ross is statistically one of the most creative players in the league say stats are worthless.

none of them have ever shown anywhere near the ability Ross has

Mate, Scott Parker was running games.

If you think Barkley is top draw then we will have to agree to disagree.

He's at an age now where there can be no more excuses for him. He has had a decent run of form since Christmas and shows up on the odd occasion in matches where there is zero pressure IMO. But as I have said in another posting, its all about opinions.

You clearly dont really rate him, and thats fine.

I do rate him, and I see Ross working his way into these teams, and showing how good he is when surrounded by quality.

That's where you are wrong
I do rate him and want him to sign
I think there is a player there waiting to come out
He needs consistency and better decision making
If he becomes a squad member at another top 6 side he won't get the opportunity to develope
They want results now and If Ross doesn't work out at 30 m he will be replaced next summer by a 40 m player

Jack Rodwell was the future of English soccer according to the pundits.
Tall Athletic , mobile versatile , a good engine and skilful with it
A modern player who can excel in more than one position
All that stuff was said about Rodwell
Rodwell was a better player in his ( very short ) prime than ROSS has shown
As for Rooney a blind 70 yr old who had never seen a game of soccer would have realised Rooney was going to make it big
tbf Rooney was quite well known among that particular age group

Compare and contrast:

Koeman on Barkley...

“I think it’s his responsibility and the responsibility also of his agent to say yes or no because that’s what the club needs to know because we can’t wait until the last moment, it’s not good for the player and it’s not good for the club. We have offered him a contract, they had several meetings about a new contract and this is contract, we don’t go and go and go. This is what he needs to sign if he wants to stay.”

Koeman on himself...

"If the club likes to talk they will come and I will see," said Koeman. "I won't knock on their door. When I worked in Feyenoord I signed three times a one-year contract and we spoke in January. There's time enough. Why one year before? We can wait, no problem. We can wait."

“My first option was to continue at Southampton, to do my last season of contract, but it was not possible,” said Koeman.They said it’s not good because we like to know the future. I said it was not a problem because I signed three times a one-year contract with Feyenoord in Holland.

Mate, Scott Parker was running games.

If you think Barkley is top draw then we will have to agree to disagree.

He's at an age now where there can be no more excuses for him. He has had a decent run of form since Christmas and shows up on the odd occasion in matches where there is zero pressure IMO. But as I have said in another posting, its all about opinions.

Barkley was running games earlier this season as well. Parker has nowhere near the natural ability of Barkley. Parker was a workhorse with a good engine on him. The kind of player Moyes would love. He was also hardly playing at the age of 23, a big flop at Chelsea.

Im not saying Barkley is top draw, I'm saying he is still at an age where its ok to not be top draw yet. I don't know where this belief that 23 isn't young anymore has come from. I could list so many great players who didn't look like world beaters at 23.

Our fans would have probably kicked a 23 year old Drogba out the club and written him off as [Poor language removed] as well, but look... a few seasons later and he's smashing it.

Compare and contrast:

Koeman on Barkley...

“I think it’s his responsibility and the responsibility also of his agent to say yes or no because that’s what the club needs to know because we can’t wait until the last moment, it’s not good for the player and it’s not good for the club. We have offered him a contract, they had several meetings about a new contract and this is contract, we don’t go and go and go. This is what he needs to sign if he wants to stay.”

Koeman on himself...

"If the club likes to talk they will come and I will see," said Koeman. "I won't knock on their door. When I worked in Feyenoord I signed three times a one-year contract and we spoke in January. There's time enough. Why one year before? We can wait, no problem. We can wait."

“My first option was to continue at Southampton, to do my last season of contract, but it was not possible,” said Koeman.They said it’s not good because we like to know the future. I said it was not a problem because I signed three times a one-year contract with Feyenoord in Holland.

Can we sell Ronald to Spurs please Dave?

Compare and contrast:

Koeman on Barkley...

Koeman on himself...

You cannot be taken seriously as every post you make is having a pop at the manager or anybody who sussed out how bad a manager Martinez was, like Leighton Baines.

lol well yes I cannot argue with that last bit.

Still not a patch on how good Rooney was, not even in the same ball park.

Nah, I just made the point that player can leave us and do well. Because someone used Rodwell as a to prove why Ross will fail....

Compare and contrast:

Koeman on Barkley...

Koeman on himself...

One is a player , one is a manager
One will cost money if he's not sold , one will not
Apples and oranges and just makes you seem even more bitter than usual Dave
Your anti Koeman and Moshiri (Anderson as well ) tirades are getting tiresome
Bobby is gone , Moshiri sacked him and hired Rom , move on please

Barkley was running games earlier this season as well. Parker has nowhere near the natural ability of Barkley. Parker was a workhorse with a good engine on him. The kind of player Moyes would love.

Im not saying Barkley is top draw, I'm saying he is still at an age where its ok to not be top draw yet. I don't know where this belief that 23 isn't young anymore has come from. I could list so many great players who didn't look like world beaters at 23.

Our fans would have probably kicked a 23 year old Drogba out the club and written him off as [Poor language removed] as well, but look... a few seasons later and he's smashing it.

IMO he doesn't even have a bona fide position. He is a bit of an enigma is our Ross.

The only manager who picked him regardless of how he performed was the balloon Martinez, says it all really for me.

He cannot get near an England team which is devoid of talent in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.