Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing today!

Need I say more... Unless he happened to give the ball away once maybe twice, unlike our 25M players who never do that!! Ha...

How long can we keep him??

Ross you dub faded little beauty, keep it up lad, that kind of performance is exactly what this team needs. Brilliant stuff

Such a small club mentality when people ask how long can we keep a player who has only had about 4 starts in an Everton shirt.

This is Everton and if he is as humble and level headed as people say then I would like to believe he could our star player and future captain.

We should be building teams around players like him not wondering what he is going to fetch, and I genuinely don't believe Everton would sell him, we are not fighting for our lives in relegation dogfights like we was when we lost Rooney.

It's actually the perfect time for Martinez to take over because his style compliments Ross perfectly.

love this thread, full of complete numptys that wouldnt know a footballer if he kicked them in the knackers. potential england managers. shows why england will never get anywhere in world football.

Ross showed what he can do when he is given a game in his best position and told by the manager to go out and play his game without fear. He always looked as if he was bricking himself under Moyes, anticipating a 8ollocking for some little mistake. Yesterday he tired in the last 10-15 mins but was awesome before that, and the goal was sublime of course. I hope there are plenty more performances like that to come from him.

Great to see him playing with so much confidence. That performance was great and fantastic goal too. So nice to finally have a midfielder who can striker the ball!

Will Hughes, Tom Carroll and Chalobah were the midfield in the last U21 game.

Hughes and Chalobah are younger than him actually. The Henderson lot got overage now except Shelvey so he should start now as he plays more in PL.

England have some good young midfielders coming through if you add in Nick Powell to these lot along with Barkley.

There's Ravel Morrison too who if he sorts his attitude which he is on course to do is a top talent. Wilshere and Cleverley are still pretty young as well and improving.
Thought that Redmond looked pretty good yesterday too.

...I have been one of the so-called numpties doubting this boy. Seeing is believing and yesterday I saw. I'm delighted to admit that I WAS WRONG. Well done Ross.

I saw plenty to feel excited about against Betis, plenty. He was the only player in blue to match the Spainards in midfield, and there were enough genuine quality - and I mean genuine, not solid if unspectular/promising/decent - moments to make me feel certain he will be a very good player.

It won't take more than 6 months at that rate before he's in the team full time unless we buy another CM
He echoed this and then some against Norwich. That 6 months is looking a very long prediction time, too

Great that he's shooting on sight anywhere near the box. One thing he needs to do a bit more of though is to get his head up and weigh up other possibilities. Sometimes teammates will be in a better goal-scoring position and need a simple pass from him to get one on one with the GK and that'd be the better option than having a pop from 18-25 yards out. That composure will come over time like.

Great that he's shooting on sight anywhere near the box. One thing he needs to do a bit more of though is to get his head up and weigh up other possibilities. Sometimes teammates will be in a better goal-scoring position and need a simple pass from him to get one on one with the GK and that'd be the better option than having a pop from 18-25 yards out. That composure will come over time like.

Didn't look up before shooting yesterday, Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.