Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also question the wisdom of a behind closed doors game midweek before the season kicks off. No wonder those lads were friggin goosed out there today.

Its clear you've got the knives out for Roberto Martinez.

Very clear.

World cup finalists right?

Whereas we have two Belgians who didn't even play all their games?

I'm not saying I agree with them not having a pre-season - I really thought they should have been back in around the Celta Vigo game. But for whatever reason they weren't. I've said multiple times that I think we were 1 match short this pre-season. That's Martinez'/the clubs error. But we've also been unlucky with injuries. Had Barkley/Coleman being fit/fully fit today it'd have been a totally different game-plan. 1st hour we were class, last half an hour dismal - but we can only get fitness by playing matches. A more counterattacking game against Arse/Chelski will suit us I think. If we can scrape 4 points i'll be happy.

The only way to get MATCH fitness is by playing. First game of the season, could've been better, could've been worse. Worrying about Barkley but if it's long term then hopefully Martinez will act quickly and get a decent replacement in.

Its clear you've got the knives out for Roberto Martinez.

Very clear.
If that's clear for you it just shows you how blinkered you are.

Roberto Martinez was my first choice for the job; he did more than I or anyone else expected in his first season in charge; he's defo 100% the best man for the Everton job.

I have no idea why you think being critical of some of his decisions makes me anti-Martinez.

We're not Kopites, we dont idolise managers and give them a free pass; we're free thinking supporters (I like to think) who (unlike the Kopites) aren't afraid to tell home truths about managers.

These people aren't there to be worshipped. They are there to do a job. He's doing an excellent job all told. Buy he does make mistakes.

Zabaleta, Aguero, Demicheles, Mertesaker, Ozil, Podolski - none of them have played pre-season

this is surely a good argument that seasons should be put back a week or two in a WC year.

i mean teams get an advantage when they're playing teams littered with WC players first game. then you have the rest who have to play them when they have the strongest available team.

i know people will say there's not much difference in fluking playing a team when they have injuries, but i don't agree with that.

If that's clear for you it just shows you how blinkered you are.

Roberto Martinez was my first choice for the job; he did more than I or anyone else expected in his first season in charge; he's defo 100% the best man for the Everton job.

I have no idea why you think being critical of some of his decisions makes me anti-Martinez.

We're not Kopites, we dont idolise managers and give them a free pass; we're free thinking supporters (I like to think) who (unlike the Kopites) aren't afraid to tell home truths about managers.

These people aren't there to be worshipped. They are there to do a job. He's doing an excellent job all told. Buy he does make mistakes.

Fooling no one Dave.

What's wrong with that? I cant remember us doing that before. It's always last friendly the weekend before the new season KO.

He needed to build match fitness. He probably needed that game to have any hope of playing today.

He played just 45 minutes in that game. It surely isn't the reason he was tired today.

He's just lacking match fitness. Today will have been a good work-out for him (wouldn't be surprised if that's why he was left on) and he'll be back up to full 90 fitness in the next couple of games, no problem.

He needed to build match fitness. He probably needed that game to have any hope of playing today.

He played just 45 minutes in that game. It surely isn't the reason he was tired today.

He's just lacking match fitness. Today will have been a good work-out for him (wouldn't be surprised if that's why he was left on) and he'll be back up to full 90 fitness in the next couple of games, no problem.
Timing of that fitness test was all wrong.

In fact, as others have said, the preseason planning all told was hopelessly amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.