Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lads confidence has been completely shattered, it is down to Martinez as the manager to pull him out of the firing line, before he destroys the lad.

I will never understand why people get so excited about a player who can dribble well and shoot with his head down.

The hype Barkley generated wasn't for making clever passes, being able to pick out a man from range, or making intelligent runs. It was for a mazy run against the barcodes and a couple screamers from outside the box. Those sorts of things are exciting, but they're not a good way to judge how valuable a player is to a team (which is part of why I think the praise Mirallas has been getting recently is ridiculous).

Everyone has been saying that "his decision making will improve", but at the moment he looks to be a very limited player when he isn't taking someone on. I think it might be a good thing that he's getting criticized we need to accept that he isn't the second coming, and hopefully this will take some of the pressure off of him.
Players that can beat a man 1-1 open up space for then the little playmakers to find. The problem is one of team balance as much as anything else. We have too many players that are suited to playing on the counter attack and too few when dominating possession which is strange considering that's what we prefer to do.

Agree, apart from the 'joke' comment.

He isn't a joke but last night there was zero confidence. There were no tricks, no running at players and certainly no desire to play any pass unless it was a safe sideways/backwards pass to Barry or Besic.

Maybe needs a holiday in the Caribbean or something ;)
Haha maybe he does...sorry but i stand by it. He is a joke.

If he wasn't scouse and a blue, our fans would be blasting him like McGeady. He jogs round, avoiding play, gives the ball away then makes no attempt to win it back. He doesn't look bothered, any player that acts like that in my eyes..is a joke. Regardless of who you are

Got stick a month ago for saying it...i'm saying it again.

Should be dropped. Sick of people sticking up for him "he's young, he's under pressure, he's one of us"

Rom get's so much stick and he's constantly making runs but doesn't receive the pass, but he's "lazy"

I'm saying it as it is, neg me if you actually are sad enough to think i care about that...Barkley is a JOKE. Loses the ball and walks away, backs out of tackles, gives it away constantly. If it was McGeady or Osman Goodison would be lynching him now. He's a very lucky lad.
wahey, someone agrees.

Barkley is criminally overrated, doesn't create, doesn't score.

wahey, someone agrees.

Barkley is criminally overrated, doesn't create, doesn't score.
He's "one of us" so gets so much praise, and i get it...i do. I want more than anything a scouse Evertonian to succeed and do something we all dream of.

But he's all hype no product. I've seen it far too many times over the years. He's not the messiah, he's a very average boy.

He's "one of us" so gets so much praise, and i get it...i do. I want more than anything a scouse Evertonian to succeed and do something we all dream of.

But he's all hype no product. I've seen it far too many times over the years. He's not the messiah, he's a very average boy.
Yep exactly! I have been getting scolded every week for not defending this lad, people talking about his age etc but it's just excuses - there are plenty of 21 yr olds playing better than him week in week out.

I'd sell Barkley before Stones

Yep exactly! I have been getting scolded every week for not defending this lad, people talking about his age etc but it's just excuses - there are plenty of 21 yr olds playing better than him week in week out.

I'd sell Barkley before Stones
So let's boo/groan every time he he is on the ball, as a large number of Evertonians did last night.
That should improve things no end.

So let's boo/groan every time he he is on the ball, as a large number of Evertonians did last night.
Well I didn't, but tbh he didn't deserve to be playing because he's been garbage for a while, inlacing last night. We're allowed to rest/drop him for the benefit of the greater good

He wasn't exactly poor last night but when your manager says he will be "The greatest English player of all-time" fans tend to get heightened expectations.

He wasn't exactly poor last night but when your manager says he will be "The greatest English player of all-time" fans tend to get heightened expectations.
He was poor in the sense that, everyone believes he should play CM, or create/score goals, which he doesn't do at all - instead he has little to NO impact on the game whatsoever.

Well I didn't, but tbh he didn't deserve to be playing because he's been garbage for a while, inlacing last night. We're allowed to rest/drop him for the benefit of the greater good

Even I don't think he played well last night, but what we need is a team including Barkley playing well not a team without him.
He is the only player capable of going past a man (Coleman used to do it a long time ago). Last night he never tried to do it once. This is either because Martinez has told him not to or the pressure of the fans being constantly on his back.
Maybe it's both, but the solution is not to get after him as a lot of fans did last night.

they didn't boo and groan everytime. Don't make out he's the victim. It happened once, because he was negative. It happens to others like Osman the first thing they do wrong.

He's a man. If he can't deal with pressure or booing he's in the wrong profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.