Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I legitimately don't see why anyone would want him. Our midfield is a mess fair enough but he's barely played in 2 years, was out on loan at Villa when they came up and they thought he was crap, he's 29 in December and has never had a consistent period of form anywhere. Even if you don't account for the way he absolutely snaked the club out of money what sense does signing him make? I'd sooner look to sign Danny Drinkwater.

It's like he's been linked to us because of the Everton connection yet he's rightfully hated by Everton fans. I'm fairly sure I even made a post on here saying that when he left us he'd be at the like of Newcastle in a few years time, unfortunately that's us now I guess but it remains the same, the lad has never been anything but potential and is now a crap player reaching his 30s, who'll go down as a never was rather than a has been.

I legitimately don't see why anyone would want him. Our midfield is a mess fair enough but he's barely played in 2 years, was out on loan at Villa when they came up and they thought he was crap, he's 29 in December and has never had a consistent period of form anywhere. Even if you don't account for the way he absolutely snaked the club out of money what sense does signing him make? I'd sooner look to sign Danny Drinkwater.

It's like he's been linked to us because of the Everton connection yet he's rightfully hated by Everton fans. I'm fairly sure I even made a post on here saying that when he left us he'd be at the like of Newcastle in a few years time, unfortunately that's us now I guess but it remains the same, the lad has never been anything but potential and is now a crap player reaching his 30s, who'll go down as a never was rather than a has been.

It's another Dele Alli. Luxury player whose career has stalled.

The media are making a logical assumption…
He is fat, slightly oily complexion, has a very strong accent, is hated by Evertonians and his best years are way, way behind him? Sound familiar? No wonder they think he will end up here :(

The answer is yes, not because of how great he is but because of the complete lack of alternatives at the club.

We can only hope we are looking at alternatives.

This is a deal that would be very easy to do, I would guess that Chelsea would listen to any kind of a deal to move the player on, even contribute some wages possibly.
Barkley seems to have very few options and probably would feel that he would soon be forgiven if he started playing well... he would probably be right.

It is a deal Everton could afford.
If Chelsea cover 50% of his wage we would still be paying him 50k a week.

Why should we line his pockets with 2.5 million a year after he shafted us?

His best years where with us and he has done nothing since.

Status
Not open for further replies.