Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes cause they’re crap but I’d never abuse them in the stands, are you positive towards any of our players after last season?
I’m sorry but the fan stuff with Ross Barkley is an absolute myth. What is said on the internet and what occurs in matches are very different things.

You’ve proved my point then haven’t you? What’s said on the internet is very different to the stands.

I think as shown with Rooney coming back, Sammy Lee on the coaching staff and Benitez being appointed the board won't consider fan feelings when bringing anyone into the club.

Ross left on a real sour note. I don't want him back, even as a squad option. But as with any player if he does come back he gets my backing. But lets hope it doesn't get to that stage.

I’d seen it in the stands tho that’s what I was talking about.

Poor Ross.

pic1.jpg

Nobody beats the big man above. All hope is lost.
I hope I'm wrong. I'm quite pragmatic, about Everton these days. But really worried, as there are 5 premier League matches in August then followed by the Derby. So doing are usual last day scramble, will be a massive risk. Especially as if we are already in the bottom 3, we are less attractive to players.

Like it or not Barkley, is better than what we've got. If we can better, then great.

I think on he debate around fans turning on Barkely .I was at game, maybe against swansea and my cousin who doesnt support us was there too. I met up with him after and the first thing he said was "Your fans don't half get on Barkleys back when something doesn't come off".

Now i think as some have said it was more your typical groans and moans when we become frustrated over a period of time with players. I think with Ross that was probably more so as he came through our system and we could see his potential and he was failing to meet that.

But he certainly wouldn't have been the only player to receive that reaction. So i don't think we turned on him, that is quite different to becoming frustrated.

But of course, like all clubs, we have a section in our fanbase that overreact and everytime a players misplaces a pass the shouts of abuse come out. But i don't think that reflects the majority of our fanbase.

Signing Barkley now would be the equivalent of dating your ex-wife's okayish mate, that's let herself go a bit, just to show your former missus that you're going out with someone. Like Benitez this would have the 1% chance of having a Hollywood movie ending but the reality that it'll be destined to end in tears the second it starts to go wrong.

I think as shown with Rooney coming back, Sammy Lee on the coaching staff and Benitez being appointed the board won't consider fan feelings when bringing anyone into the club.

Ross left on a real sour note. I don't want him back, even as a squad option. But as with any player if he does come back he gets my backing. But lets hope it doesn't get to that stage.

Rooney was our best player that season

Rooney was our best player that season
He was certainly effective for us, i wouldn't debate that.

I was just saying that there was some uncertainty/hesitancy in the fan base around bringing him back given that he left us for United and some of his antics over the years after leaving us.

But thats off topic, back to Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.