Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the story that he wanted to go in the summer but due to his hamstring injury failed the medical so they signed him in January instead after he'd recovered?
He was forcing the issue of going and Chelsea had offered us somewhere around 30 or 35 million pound for him and then he deliberately bolloxed the medical up, got us to pay for all of his treatment for a few months and then went for 15 million saving Chelsea a fortune, costing us a fortune as well as making us look like complete and utter tossers. Unforgivable tbh.

He was forcing the issue of going and Chelsea had offered us somewhere around 30 or 35 million pound for him and then he deliberately bolloxed the medical up, got us to pay for all of his treatment for a few months and then went for 15 million saving Chelsea a fortune and making us look like complete and utter tossers. Unforgivable tbh.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but how do deliberately mess up a medical?

If we do sign him (and I hope we don’t) bu if we do, I want the Barkley that scored against Newcastle away, Bournemouth home, not the Chelsea Barkley who receives a pass Then passers 5yrds to a teammate receives a pass then passes 5yrds to a teammate. With his he strength and power he should be picking up the ball and running at defences, if we get that Barkley we could be onto something.

We would have had to have been there to know that. All we know is that he walked into that medical with Chelsea in full knowing of his injury situation and still wanting to sign him for over 30 mill. Then something happened which resulted in him sitting out the rest of the season with us paying for him and looking after him and then having to sell him to the same club for about 20 million less and fully fit.

We were had by them both i would say but we will never know what actually went on, only that we were shafted.

Sounds like it’s done, so it’s whatever. I’m not bothered about the whole transfer fee thing, necessarily.

My issue with this transfer is the same issue I had with the Dele Alli transfer: he’s crap. Once he was good, but that was long ago and he has been exclusively very, very crap since.

The belief that he won’t be crap for us stems from some combination of coaches’ arrogance in their ability to turn crap into gold, and a naive, sentimental belief that showing faith/bringing a blue home will magically summon the effort they’ve failed to show over the last X number of years.

Idiotic signing. Will NOT pay off even in the slightest and you can take that to the bank. Absolutely vaultproof.

Spot on. Close the thread, this isn't up for debate anymore.

See you have differing stories

1) He messed up a medical. Could be done by say substance abuse etc , not saying that happened
2) The sorry we were led to believe was he never got to being examined as the info sent from Everton prior to the medical would have been a waste of time.

But even so if he was worth £30 million or whatever why did he eventually go for £15 million ? Simply that was all the market decreed he was worth and as it turned out you pulled our pants down for even that much

What?! no he never, Rooney didn't want to go at all. But if we didn't sell him we'd of probably gone into administration because we needed to pay debts.

Kenwright forced him out and then let a 18 year old kid take the brunt of the fanbase because he's to much of a coward to admit he made a mistake.
Suggest you watch the interview he did with Bellew...he basically said he didn't want to leave Everton but we needed to sell. When he found out that we were trying to sell him to the highest bidder i.e. Chelsea he flat out refused and said he would only go to United.

So basically they had us over a barrel as we had no choice but to sell to United for less money.

Was nothing to do with Kenwright supposedly knocking back a £40m bid which is what you suggested.

Last edited:
Now i didnt put that did I.

I put I'd rather not go through the all the angst having the fanbase split again.

Again...I rather we didnt do this.

Btw
I'm always behind team , its unconditional.

Yeah same dead set against it for two reasons, one he's a rat, second reckon he'll only be half the player he used to be because of that injury. Will be amazing to hear the crowds reaction if he scored a screamer.... lol ?

….after Benitez I will fear even more for the integrity of the club if this happens, but perhaps more importantly I fear for the judgement and strategy of Lampard & Thelwell.

Going into the new season, i will have major doubts on the ability of Manager/DoF.
Is it up there with FSW?
We're in a poor state of affairs.
Anything is an Improvement?
Not patronising you mate,but you think there's a player in him,still?
Glass half full,but,he needs an arm around him ,Frank will give him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.