Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be very odd imho. We've got Alli who arguably fills a similar role. Both formerly discussed n the same breath as great potential England midfielders. Alli arguably being the one who scaled greater heights. Both now in a slump. Rather focus on re-ignition of Alli.

Anyone know if Lampard got much out of Barkley whilst manager? Or was he punted on loan to Villa by him? Memory has gone here, it all blurs.

On a free?

We have zero squad depth. If he was willing to take a wage cut and work for his place

I'd take him. Sorry to say but he would be one of our most creative midfielders if he came in

We had a diamond, went away turned out to be more of a rose quartz. But hey. Better than the pebbles in our squad right now.

I get the resentment and he probably thinks it was the worse decision in his life. If I zoom out and try to think logically about it. Even as a bencher. Squad quality goes up

Anything is possible but a player with a year left quite often will reduce their wage demands if say a 3-5 year deal is on offer elsewhere.

I've not known that.

I cant see us giving Barkley a 3-5 year deal either, especially with a fee on top. I cant see many doing so to be fair, as hes become quite injury prone.

On a free?

We have zero squad depth. If he was willing to take a wage cut and work for his place

I'd take him. Sorry to say but he would be one of our most creative midfielders if he came in

We had a diamond, went away turned out to be more of a rose quartz. But hey. Better than the pebbles in our squad right now.

I get the resentment and he probably thinks it was the worse decision in his life. If I zoom out and try to think logically about it. Even as a bencher. Squad quality goes up
The Ross Barkley we sold might have been a decent option.

The Ross Barkley that exists in 2022? Whilst he might well do some good things now and again, hes injury prone and hasnt been good for years now.

It would be a massive mistake.

I think the barkley link is just lazy journalism. it wouldnt make any sense to re-sign him and I dont think he would want to come back

The Ross Barkley we sold might have been a decent option.

The Ross Barkley that exists in 2022? Whilst he might well do some good things now and again, hes injury prone and hasnt been good for years now.

It would be a massive mistake.

You may not know, but you will deffo have a better clue than me. But would he be, er, "welcomed" back to the city? Y'know.

You may not know, but you will deffo have a better clue than me. But would he be, er, "welcomed" back to the city? Y'know.
We are a fickle bunch, there will be some never willing to give him a chance, but some would back him.

More than 2 goals and we would be singing the diamond song again.

We are a fickle bunch, there will be some never willing to give him a chance, but some would back him.

More than 2 goals and we would be singing the diamond song again.

Didnt mean Everton fans. Had a run in with some folk did he not?

Most of you should be made up at the prospect of him coming back, you all love to moan and when we had Ross first time, the enjoyment you had jeering and hounding him, should get you damp the idea of a return to that....

Get Ossy back as coach and thats heaven for your .....

Status
Not open for further replies.