Rooney constant references to being an Evertonian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will he really agree to less wages? I mean come on, he's one of the most popular and well known players in the world, probably third after Messi and Ronaldo - such a name means so much economically for any club that they will gladly pay him gazillions for moving to the Qatari league or whatever. Beckham, Henry and all the other similar moves like that are obviously not down to footballing passion. It's just money. Which we don't have. And Rooney will never return to us again.

Though after he's done kicking, he should come along and become Moyes' assistant manager. And bring his kids with him to the academy.

Will he really agree to less wages? I mean come on, he's one of the most popular and well known players in the world, probably third after Messi and Ronaldo - such a name means so much economically for any club that they will gladly pay him gazillions for moving to the Qatari league or whatever. Beckham, Henry and all the other similar moves like that are obviously not down to footballing passion. It's just money. Which we don't have. And Rooney will never return to us again.

Though after he's done kicking, he should come along and become Moyes' assistant manager. And bring his kids with him to the academy.

Jesus. That sentence strikes fear into my heart- you mean we've got another 7-10 years of Moyes?

Pass the bleach.

Should any of this turn into reality and he did come to the club, would the marketing potential and his high end profile not allow us to make up a decent wage for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.