Rooney constant references to being an Evertonian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewytoffee

Player Valuation: £225k
Have you noticed this season he has made numerous references again to being an Evertonian. Said it in 3 seperate interviews on Saturday. Said recently he is bringing the wee'un up as a blue and all.

With the recent softening in attitudes towards him at GP, I'd say a return in a few years is amost an inevitability.

Look forward to it. :)

He'll probably come back when he's 34 and nobody else will take him. He'll score one goal and then get sent off.

This. if his intention was to come back at 28/29 and make a proper contribution, fair enough, dont really want him coming back as has been, when no champs league club wants.

Pleased he's still a blue though, and that the RS hate him so much

I still don't see why there is so much animosity towards him.

At the end of the day he was an 18 year old kid, with a bellend of an agent telling him how he wouldn't win anything with Everton, undervalued, underpaid etc blah blah blah. Don't you think he would have loved to stay at Everton and achieve what he has done with Man U? Just not possible I'm afraid!

Without his transfer money we wouldn't have the side we have now or relative success we have had over the years. He has gone on to win things with Utd, but he will always be an Evertonian and I reckon he will be back one day.

It's about time people get used to us selling our prospects/ best players. Let's face it someone will have to go in the summer to keep us going financially and it's not always the players fault that they are sold too.

Would welcome him back with open arms and to be honest the haters need a reality check. We never had a hope of hanging onto him. Never. The worlds best players dont play for Everton no matter where they come from

I am just waiting for our day when we have a saudi prince buying all the worlds best players for us :) I want us to be on the verge of signing Stevie G, have him in Goodison, have the ****e all throwing up in their kennels and then at the last second, pull the plug and let him back to the pound :)

Would welcome him back with open arms and to be honest the haters need a reality check. We never had a hope of hanging onto him. Never. The worlds best players dont play for Everton no matter where they come from

I am just waiting for our day when we have a saudi prince buying all the worlds best players for us :) I want us to be on the verge of signing Stevie G, have him in Goodison, have the ****e all throwing up in their kennels and then at the last second, pull the plug and let him back to the pound :)

Why do people need a reality check? Fair enough him going to a bigger club, that's just about tolerable. What angers people is his nobbish behaviour when he comes back and scores against us kissing his united badge. As a lifelong blue and as Everton made him a professional footballer, he just should not celebrate at all when united score against us. Like most other footballers do against their old clubs.

Toward the end of his career he will return. Once he is no longer a starter at United.

He loves the club so much. I'm sure he has it in mind.

This is the reason why we can't hold onto our best players, because our business plan is waiting for some rich prince with more money than sense to pay an inflated price for the club.

United fans were singing this V RS on Saturday :

"Once a Blue, Always a Blue, but we dont care, cos he loves us too"

Why do people need a reality check? Fair enough him going to a bigger club, that's just about tolerable. What angers people is his nobbish behaviour when he comes back and scores against us kissing his united badge. As a lifelong blue and as Everton made him a professional footballer, he just should not celebrate at all when united score against us. Like most other footballers do against their old clubs.

Not that I am condoning his behaviour, but what about the fans knobbish attitude to whenever he plays. Don't you think if they would have realised the situation from the offset - that it wasn't his fault he left - and decided not to give him so much crap his attitude would be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.