Rooney constant references to being an Evertonian

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's one of us. I was fuming when he left and I'm not going to excuse being bitter than he didn't at least give us a few more years at that time.

Ask yourself this though, has he ever stopped claiming to be a big blue? He'll talk about Everton to anyone who will listen. We've all done [Poor language removed] things when we were young, and I include the badge kissing in that. But bottom line is, he's still a passionate blue, he's never forgot what he was.

Like I said a couple of days ago, I have a massive weakness for local lads who are blues out there volleying the opposition all over Goodison Park. That's what it's about. I have a little dream of him being back by 30 alongside Barkley doing all sorts of wrong to any poor gobsh*te that attempts to come to our ground and take the piss.

They get it, you get it, we all get it.

Totally agree

I tweeted him yesterday that he should come back to Everton when he becomes the leading goalscorer for Manchester United. He didn't reply, the tit.

Loves Everton so much that he's kissed the Utd badge on the occasions he has scored against us.

And yeah, he does get loads of stick off Blues too.

He could have been our Gerrard and stayed, and been the lynchpin of the team.

Instead he listened to his agent, had a massive immature grudge against Moyes (case in point what he wrote in his book, that ended up with him paying damages to Moyes in an out of court settlement), and just generally didn't 'love' Everton enough to stay.

Yeah, he went to Utd to better himself and win stuff. Most people get that. But he can't have his cake and eat it. He doesn't love Everton as much as says he does, because if he did, he would have stayed, end of.

And why should we take someone back at the end of their career, aged 30+? Let's have some pride eh, we might have no money but we don't need to be a retirement home for people, and certainly not for people who basically left us to enjoy his career elsewhere.

Loves Everton so much that he's kissed the Utd badge on the occasions he has scored against us.

Instead he listened to his agent, had a massive immature grudge against Moyes (case in point what he wrote in his book, that ended up with him paying damages to Moyes in an out of court settlement), and just generally didn't 'love' Everton enough to stay.

Yeah, he went to Utd to better himself and win stuff. Most people get that. But he can't have his cake and eat it. He doesn't love Everton as much as says he does, because if he did, he would have stayed, end of.

And why should we take someone back at the end of their career, aged 30+? Let's have some pride eh, we might have no money but we don't need to be a retirement home for people, and certainly not for people who basically left us to enjoy his career elsewhere.

They're giving you red cards man, cos you don't follow Bill. Bill is good, Bill is Great. RepeaT

This.

He'll still be good enough for our team in his 30s, he's still a blue and I quite like him. I can't blame him for leaving. He wouldn't have played in Champs League finals and won leagues with us.

They're giving you red cards man, cos you don't follow Bill. Bill is good, Bill is Great. RepeaT

and

Nice to know I'm not the only one singing from this hymnsheet. Thanks for the support.

Obviously I'm upsetting someone with my posts - if they think I'm going to stop posting, then they're mistaken.

Plus this anonymous rep system is so cowardly it's laughable.

and

Nice to know I'm not the only one singing from this hymnsheet. Thanks for the support.

Obviously I'm upsetting someone with my posts - if they think I'm going to stop posting, then they're mistaken.

Plus this anonymous rep system is so cowardly it's laughable.

Don't worry about the cards lar, right or wrong forums are for opinions, I used to get bombarded with them , still do infact 

it's not like we've never taken on other players nearing the twilight of their careers though is it ?

I agree we are better if we can build on a young squad that is aimed at achieving success over a prolonged period of time

but if at some point in the future we are in a position that an opportunity to sign a more experienced Wayne Rooney would significantly improve our team, then why not ?

I would love nothing better than to see Wayne Rooney score the winner against the Red ****e in an everton jersey.

That is all.

Gerrard and Rooney aren't really a fair comparison at all tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.