Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will apologise to you sir for getting into a slinging match, it somewhat takes away actually looking at your posts with an open eye so to speak. It was not my intention, some of your points are correct, alas the insults swayed my vision. Apologies Sir, I hope we can move forward.

I also assure you I am no returned poster, I normally post on different types of forums to do with my other hobbies. I signed up to gauge the discontent amongst fans and have decided to stick around. I mean to make no enemies.

LOL.

What does the amount spent matter? the spend level is relative to it's time.

I'd get more sense out of my cat.

@Foot Long Hot Dog isn't wrong in terms of the spend level

For all of our spend, every team above us has spent and every team around us has spent

the issue isn't who we bought, it's who we didn't.

but... as Foot also points out, it's down to the manager to get a tune out of the players he does have and to have a plan on how to use them. At the moment he appears not to have a plan.

He is going to be given time for that to change, but we can be sure if it doesn't change sharpish over the next few games, he'll be gone.

The question is whether it was right or not to allow that time to progress, or simply cut our losses now and get rid.

The club have decided to back him though, so it's academical now. If he can't turn it around, he'll be gone soon enough.
Except relatively speaking, the point doesn't stand up either.

Yes @BlueToff is right that other teams have spent, but the difference to the early nineties is there for all to see. If we take Liverpool as a comparison - they're our nearest neighbours and are one of only a handful of teams who've been in the PL throughout this period - then we can see that they easily outspent us in the 90s. £8.5m vs £4.4m in 91/92, £4.7m vs £1.2m in 92/93, £5.1m vs £3.5m in 93/94. Effectively then, they spent about twice as much as us in that 3 year period. For the last two seasons, however, we have outspent them. £68m to £63m last year, and £140m to £90m this.

So I'll say again, you're taking issue with a post which is telling the truth. This is not a comparable situation to the one you're comparing it to. At that point we were being left behind through lack of investment, but that can't be used as an excuse now. Yes I know we're still playing catch up, but that doesn't excuse what we're seeing right now.

At the moment Koeman is failing and failing abysmally at the notorious second season. Undeniably if he continues to fail he will go. However the season is still young and the board have no need to hit the panic button yet and appoint an inexperienced manager on the off chance he might succeed. At this point there should be enough time to locate a quality experienced coach to succeed Koeman if required. Don't panic (yet).

@royalblue66

Sat 21st 15:00
A
Crystal Palace
38bb2c04d2ec41e685fbadd4d8b48346.png

1:0
Match Centre
Highlights
What month mate

One has to wonder how much 'say' his backroom staff have or are they all 'yes men' in awe of his great achievements. His personality is not likable, and I think that and his arrogance present a flash point with the players who have also been told all their lives that they too are great. I don't think Lukaku said a positive word about him, Ross clearly doesn't get along, Miralas ego wont fit in and perhaps potentially Lookman's too. Who knows if even Kenny is in that boat - leading England to a junior World cup must make you feel pretty good about yourself.
Not sure how serious a person Duncan is tbh, and whether he'd be doing much challenging of RK's decisions. You'd think his own brother [a decent player in his day] would, but basically we have no idea.

Most CEO-types like to talk about being challenged by subordinates, not being interested in yes-men - but it's basically bollox IME. They've got to a senior position doing things a certain way, it's proven to a certain extent, change is hard, so that's the way things have to be.

Lets hope that after them utterly ridiculous comments from Moshiri, that behind the scenes there are serious urgent discussions taking place with RK and upper management as regards to a proactive plan for how to turn things round and improve the team and himself very quickly before any further and irreversible damage is done. If there aren't discussions taking place (which seems very unlikely and would be frankly shocking), then we would now have a manager that has no accountability and can think that it is fine and acceptable to expect to lose against any team deemed one of the top teams. Doesn't even bear thinking about the damage that could do to the club and supporters.

Last edited:

The only way he will walk is if there is something gone out we dont know about, such as he thought he was getting a striker and had one identified but the board said we need to sell rat Barkley first to get the money, if he has been backed to the hilt he is going to look a bit stupid walking away after a hand full of games

Status
Not open for further replies.