Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? How much did the current top 6 spent compare to Everton? If Everton somehow spent more than them along with wages then yes possibly. £80m is not net spend mind you.
Did that inequality deter us from getting or going close to a 4th place with managers spending much less? No.

You may expect the players to go to these places and get nothing, but I and several thousand Evertonians who attend certainly expect us to go and put in performances in these games.
The point is that THEY couldn't handle the expectation. Not the first time and it won't be the last time. We need a root and branch clear out of the likes of Baines, Mirallas, Jagielka and even players like Coleman if need be.

Thank Christ I have a terrible memory. Forgot that.

Would keep me awake at night.

One thing is for sure though, irrespective of the contrary views on here, Everton are deffo raising eyebrows beyond GOT and L4. And it doesnt take a massive jump of assumptions to see that maybe, just maybe, the next 2 seasons might see a few "Top 4" clubs suffer and have a downward slump.

Spurs playing home games at Wembley.

Arsenal will lose some key players, and probably get a new manager in. Who?

Jose yet to have a Jose moment at United.

RS? Jury is out on the squad, even though they are amazingly 4th tonight.

I only see Chelsea and City as fixtures in the top 4 next season/season after.

Fun days.
Spot on, I think the summer will be key if we are going to have an outside chance of the top 4. An announcement of a new stadium, EL qualification and Rom signing a new contract will help attract better players. But your so right about Arsenal and Liverpool, they won't be top 4 next year without significant investment.

I think Koeman has done a great job so far, we are a much better team unit than we have been for a long time. The work we did in January to shift lots of dead wood was a great start to developing a squad into one we can be proud of and one he can say is his.

No. Its what you would want though. Win the internet and all that.

Something is growing here. Enjoy the ride Dave, gonna be good.
I want what's best for Everton. Getting to 7th place is not my idea of "growth" to be honest. It's something that Stoke or West Brom aspire to.

I want what's best for Everton. Getting to 7th place is not my idea of "growth" to be honest. It's something that Stoke or West Brom aspire to.

Me too. And reckon we are travelling in the right direction. 7th is progress, albeit modest in our recent history, but unlike you, I now see a competent manger at the helm after the false dawn of RM, and that exciting first season/EL adventure.

Just dont get why you gripe at everything Koeman does or says. If it makes you happy, sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.