Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like his honesty part. Getting dead wood like Niasse, Cleverley, Gibson and Kone etc is important.

I however, have some reservations whether he is a good motivator. Cos what I feel is now that he knows he has money he isn't bothered to work hard with some players who have undoubted potential but need a direction. Prime examples being Barkley and Del. He knows he has money so now it looks like he's not bothered to work hard with some players at all. If he gets rid of Barkley by the summer I do not think it'll be the smartest thing to do.

That's not strictly true mate.

The season before he took over Valencia they finished 4th

He left them nearly getting relegated in 15th place.

The 2 seasons after his departure they finished 6th and 3rd.

Let's not re-write history.
Fair enough. But he also won the Spanish cup that year for them.

Anyway, my point was that he didn't have the board support that now has with Moshiri. If it doesn't work, he won't be able to blame anyone else, but right now we seem to be going on the right direction.

He certainly improved Schneiderlin, Wanyama, and Mane by benching them when they said they wanted to leave the club after 1 season of him in charge, then they were sold.
Where has he fallen out with MS? Schnerderlein admitted in his interview on the OS, that he kept in contact with koeman throughout his time at United and he has just committed himself to playing under koeman again. That doesn't strike me as someone who fell out with koeman.

Where has he fallen out with MS? Schnerderlein admitted in his interview on the OS, that he kept in contact with koeman throughout his time at United and he has just committed himself to playing under koeman again. That doesn't strike me as someone who fell out with koeman.

He said similar on TS today.

About liking working with RK. "He gave me my best season as a footballer"

That's a lot of supposition.

Yeah but it isn't exactly baseless.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verton-standards-slipped-last-season-11895601

Everton standards slipped last season admits Barry

Barry said: “The standards of the players were, for me, slightly slipping last season, on and off the pitch.

“If standards are slipping off the pitch it can impact on your form on the pitch and the whole team was losing that level that is expected to compete at the top end of the Premier League. The manager doesn’t want to come across as some sort of headmaster but he has been quite keen to let anybody know if they go underneath the standards expected. That is good for everyone."

He added: “It was things like time-keeping, dress codes, training everything really. For example, this morning, a team was losing quite heavily at head tennis and he wanted to know why. He doesn’t want anyone losing their focus and with good reason. One team shouldn’t be getting beat so heavily at anything within the club, whether it’s head tennis, five-a-side or on a Saturday.

“The confidence and everything had gone last season and things were maybe going away from what was expected. Confidence had gone on the pitch, results weren’t going the right way and there was a lot of unrest with the fans. It is easy for players sometimes to get dragged along with that and all of a sudden they are being dragged along and the standards are slipping. I think you could tell from some of the performances last season that was creeping in.”

Status
Not open for further replies.