Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great article and one which reflects a lot of what you have been pointing out on here for several months now, Dave ;)
The lack of a discernible style week in week out (apart from a commitment to go long when under pressure) has been disorienting. I think that's what the article picks up on.

When you compare this first season of Koeman's to other managers who hit the ground running it really is heavy weather he's made of it.

But ok, we have more of HIS preferred players in now, so things will be better from now on........o_O

Koeman wasn't even been given that before the knives were out. He was getting stick before he even arrived at the club.
A lot of people were underwhelmed by him. The new manager thread that was closed when Koeman was confirmed is littered with people who wanted FDB or Emery who were pissed off over Koeman getting the post. I can see how that would carry over. So yes, I do think minds were made up.

Btw, I registered my support for him as a better bet than FDB certainly. I just wish now Moshiri would have chosen Flavre who wanted the job. Talk about missed opportunity.

A lot of people were underwhelmed by him. The new manager thread that was closed when Koeman was confirmed is littered with people who wanted FDB or Emery who were pissed off over Koeman getting the post. I can see how that would carry over. So yes, I do think minds were made up.

Btw, I registered my support for him as a better bet than FDB certainly. I just wish now Moshiri would have chosen Flavre who wanted the job. Talk about missed opportunity.

Hes a nothing manager thats won nothing.

We are seventh in the league and that is probably about right.
It looks as if two have already signed this month, possibly a third in the next couple of days and just maybe one or two more before the end of the month. At that stage I think RK will to a reasonable degree be able to put out a team that he would consider his.

We will probably be in a better position to judge then.

I've been underwhelmed by practically every new manager we've brought in during the Premier League era (Joe Royle being the exception) but I've never got on their back's from day one like some have with Koeman. I violently didn't want Martinez (and I realise that mentioning him yet again looks like a swipe at you but it really isn't) yet I backed him all the way during 14-15 and I only really started to give him any real stick around Oct 2015.

The point is that regardless of who we wanted to be our manager, once he arrives we should all get behind him and support him for his initial season at least before he faces the real wrath of the fans (unless he's Walker level bad!). I just think that he's not been given a fair chance by some who were determined to hate him right from the start.

The lack of a discernible style week in week out (apart from a commitment to go long when under pressure) has been disorienting. I think that's what the article picks up on.

When you compare this first season of Koeman's to other managers who hit the ground running it really is heavy weather he's made of it.

But ok, we have more of HIS preferred players in now, so things will be better from now on........o_O

Disagree players can not understand what role they are given. If that falls with the manager not and not understanding some of they squad has a football brain.

Manager clearly has been startled by sheer poor squad and comments about quality/aggression is word he uses (He also calls wingers strikers it is some broken language but this is what he means but sugar coating it)

For me he has not panicked. kept cool and dealt with it the best way he can in grinding out results.

It is not pretty but he has been backed into a corner as he knows our poor start coupled together with saints last year form will make him sacked before jan.

He didn't sit back and want a pay off and be sacked.

I could feel his his body language positive vibe vs Leicester and see his post match interview is honest and blunt.

Qualities Martinez lacked(honest and blunt and that made you question if his passion was there or all talk no substance)

Compare to Martinez when he was backed into a corner of players downing tools he stuck to a philosophy and was unable to change formation and do some Moyes like wins.

For me noticeable difference was after watford you are allowed your opinion but mine is martinez lost his dressing room and when things went bad at saints and at Everton the players kept with him and subsequently bounced back with 3 wins out of 5.

We can all have off days v LFC or Leicester put that down to the bad mental state Roberto left on them.

That is what we need people being able to stick together in bad times. Let's hope good times are on the way because I do think Koeman wants to do well here and if that is to move on that's good for the club because we will be a higher level than 7th.

Have faith Koeman will come good I think he will we may even get a better caliber of manager when he goes than two back to back 11th place finishes

I have faith we will be in a better state under Moshiri and Koeman than two people who summed up old era in Bill Kenwright and Martinez.

I've been underwhelmed by practically every new manager we've brought in during the Premier League era (Joe Royle being the exception) but I've never got on their back's from day one like some have with Koeman. I violently didn't want Martinez (and I realise that mentioning him yet again looks like a swipe at you but it really isn't) yet I backed him all the way during 14-15 and I only really started to give him any real stick around Oct 2015.

The point is that regardless of who we wanted to be our manager, once he arrives we should all get behind him and support him for his initial season at least before he faces the real wrath of the fans (unless he's Walker level bad!). I just think that he's not been given a fair chance by some who were determined to hate him right from the start.
I don't think it's "disgusting" to point out a competing viewpoint and challenge a manager's decisions if they don't work out.

Saying "Koeman Out" in September doesn't make any sense. Saying "I'm pissed off he played for a draw against Hull" is legitimate, IMO. Same with criticising playing style. God, enough people did that in the Moyes era.

Disagree players can not understand what role they are given. If that falls with the manager not and not understanding some of they squad has a football brain.

Manager clearly has been startled by sheer poor squad and comments about quality/aggression is word he uses (He also calls wingers strikers it is some broken language but this is what he means but sugar coating it)

For me he has not panicked. kept cool and dealt with it the best way he can in grinding out results.

It is not pretty but he has been backed into a corner as he knows our poor start coupled together with saints last year form will make him sacked before jan.

He didn't sit back and want a pay off and be sacked.

I could feel his his body language positive vibe vs Leicester and see his post match interview is honest and blunt.

Qualities Martinez lacked(honest and blunt and that made you question if his passion was there or all talk no substance)

Compare to Martinez when he was backed into a corner of players downing tools he stuck to a philosophy and was unable to change formation and do some Moyes like wins.

For me noticeable difference was after watford you are allowed your opinion but mine is martinez lost his dressing room and when things went bad at saints and at Everton the players kept with him and subsequently bounced back with 3 wins out of 5.

We can all have off days v LFC or Leicester put that down to the bad mental state Roberto left on them.

That is what we need people being able to stick together in bad times. Let's hope good times are on the way because I do think Koeman wants to do well here and if that is to move on that's good for the club because we will be a higher level than 7th.

Have faith Koeman will come good I think he will we may even get a better caliber of manager when he goes than two back to back 11th place finishes

I have faith we will be in a better state under Moshiri and Koeman than two people who summed up old era in Bill Kenwright and Martinez.
That's a remearkabe reading of Koeman's time here so far. It almost makes it sound like the primitive football and the failure to adapt what players he has are virtues. They're not. His reign so far has stumbled and he cuts an estranged figure at this club. Apparently the theory is that he can buy in his better times with more players. Well let's see how far we get with that. My guess is that we wont see too much change for the better and then he really will be fighting for his job.

He;s amazed me, tbh. I said he was the one we should have gone for last summer. But he has been a disaster so far, and I have zero faith in his method...whatever that happens to be from week to week.

I don't think it's "disgusting" to point out a competing viewpoint and challenge a manager's decisions if they don't work out.

Saying "Koeman Out" in September doesn't make any sense. Saying "I'm pissed off he played for a draw against Hull" is legitimate, IMO. Same with criticising playing style. God, enough people did that in the Moyes era.
I'd agree the world disgusting would be a overreaction. I've no problem with people criticizing him but some of the stick he's taken has been ridiculous by anyone's standards. Legitimate criticism is fair enough but some weeks it feels like loads of people delight in his failure. I can't understand the idea of disliking a manager because he wasn't your first choice like some blues have.

Status
Not open for further replies.