Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman isn't a special manager. And we won't be signing special players under him.

We simply don't have the ambition that many of our matchgoing fans are demanding now.

Ask yourself this: are you happy plodding along, playing Koeman's dire brand of football and signing Man U's cast offs?

Or do we deserve more now? We have tonnes of cash due to 1. Every prem team is cash rich now 2. We are a bigger club than 60% of the league and 3. We have a wealthy owner.

The why on gods earth do some of our fan base still accept mediocrity?!
I ain't accepting mediocrity mate , but times are changing

79th minute sub vs Arsenal. Played 16 minutes, including injury time.
73rd minute sub vs Liverpool. Played 27 minutes, including injury time.

A total of 43 minutes. And one person is writing him off as a 'nothing player'! :hayee:
Because he didn't 'do a Rashford' and score a goal on his debut to then fade away 9 months later.

A total of 43 minutes. And one person is writing him off as a 'nothing player'! :hayee:
amazingly how anyone can have any opinion of him is beyond me. The fact koeman brought a young striker on and told him to defend?

both times been a poor substitution when clearly he would fare better as a , well a striker rather than a wing back

For those 27 minutes he's looked like a League one player. That's indisputable.

amazingly how anyone can have any opinion of him is beyond me. The fact koeman brought a young striker on and told him to defend?

both times been a poor substitution when clearly he would fare better as a , well a striker rather than a wing back

We won the arsenal game due to him being such a threat in the air, that he had two men marking him, this left Ozil against Ashley Williams and ultimately won us the match, how was that a poor sub just because he scuffed one clearance?

We won the arsenal game due to him being such a threat in the air, that he had two men marking him, this left Ozil against Ashley Williams and ultimately won us the match, how was that a poor sub just because he scuffed one clearance?
Because he is an inexperienced 19 year old striker and was brought on to defend mate.

Because....logic. No good to the team bringing him on to do that, he isn't the finished article as a striker so asking him to defend for 20 minutes in his own half is even worse when someone else could do the same job as him.

Because he is an inexperienced 19 year old striker and was brought on to defend mate.

Because....logic. No good to the team bringing him on to do that, he isn't the finished article as a striker so asking him to defend for 20 minutes in his own half is even worse when someone else could do the same job as him.

We were on the front foot when he came on against arsenal and Valencia was blowing out his arse, in the Liverpool game the change may not have been the right on in hindsight but we had hardly touched the ball second half so it was a gamble that just didn't pay off, i don't actually think he was the right sub on Monday but we'd all be hailing it as genius if he came on and made the impact Koeman was hoping for

We were on the front foot when he came on against arsenal and Valencia was blowing out his arse, in the Liverpool game the change may not have been the right on in hindsight but we had hardly touched the ball second half so it was a gamble that just didn't pay off, i don't actually think he was the right sub on Monday but we'd all be hailing it as genius if he came on and made the impact Koeman was hoping for
That is hoping for the best though mate. Like bringing Robles on up front and praising him for winning aheader or holding the ball a little bit.

As a substitution he can't tackle really, probably isn't a boss passer and probably isn't too clued up on covering and spotting danger, being a young striker. So bringing him on in that capacity is hoping for the best and if it pays off then great. You could do that with anyone in all honesty and he did no better job than clev, kev, or anyone else on the bench would have. If we brought him on to play up top and he did well, completely different scenario, that is playing him in his position and would then be a good sub.

I just mean we are talking about a young striker who is learning his trade, as a right wing back defending for 20 minutes, not the best substitution, and against arsenal he was still told to fall back a bit and didn't really play as high up as he should have been from what i could see, ross seemed to be further up than him

For those 27 minutes he's looked like a League one player. That's indisputable.
Surely all players coming through from the u23s will look initially to be league 1 standard since that is the level of the u23s. As supporters we are often impatient with managers for not bringing through young talent quickly enough, but the truth is they need time to adjust to play at Pl level. Which is why managers rightly ignore the moaning and gradually integrate players. To adjudged a player as poor based on his first few limited appearances in the first team is utterly naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.