Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard his best mate is Michael Owen. Make of that what you will.
*cough*

20456919_jpgsouthamp_48.jpg

Apart from Southampton, which other Premier League club would you like to manage?

"I was, when I was young, I was a fan of Liverpool."

Yeah, nothing remotely to do with Liverpool that answer. How could that enormous leap be made? Probably the answer was Bournemouth.

'kin ell.

No dave, the answer was Everton and he's now he's fulfilled his dreams, and ours because we're on the up

Embrace it

Yes, and that's not the issue. People are allowed to be glory hunters when they're kids especially. Not an issue. The issue is that it came directly after a point blank question concerning what team he'd manage if not S'ton. To then say he was a boyhood red sort of clinches it.

How on earth can that be in dispute here? It's his own answer to the question of managerial preference outside his own job.
Tbh, I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Bit like banging on about his buying a Chrimbo tree with red baubles on.
What are your thoughts on how he'll approach Saturday's derby?

Tbh, I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Bit like banging on about his buying a Chrimbo tree with red baubles on.
What are your thoughts on how he'll approach Saturday's derby?
I'm not making a big deal out if it. I highlighted his words in his managerial ambitions 18 months ago and then the roof fell in.

He's a boyhood red. If he wanted to manage Liverpool it's understandable. But that was before he joined us and of course he wouldn't now want to manage them.

I cant be clearer than that.

I'm not making a big deal out if it. I highlighted his words in his managerial ambitions 18 months ago and then the roof fell in.

He's a boyhood red. If he wanted to manage Liverpool it's understandable. But that was before he joined us and of course he wouldn't now want to manage them.

I cant be clearer than that.

Boyhood red lol you can like a club but not be classed as a "boyhood red" you know. I'm fairly certain he'll have grown up a supporter of a Dutch team.

Boyhood red lol you can like a club but not be classed as a "boyhood red" you know. I'm fairly certain he'll have grown up a supporter of a Dutch team.
I am too. Groningen probably. But that piece also underlined that his dad loved the English league and was a fan of MOTD. He obviously took Liverpool on as his favourite English team as they were winning everything back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.