Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not impressed with his glum face in the photo with him in front of the badge.

He might not like the hierarchy, the transfer policy, the quality of players around him etc, but that is not the fans fault.

Looking stroppy in front of the badge just hurts my feelings.

Its not me or us doing this Rom you bad tit. Go pull faces outside Moshiri's office.

you srs? you mean THIS picture?

the one where he's wearing a Kick It Out shirt? I didn't know discrimination was a happy matter

I think he'll most likely go but tbh for £75 million I would let him leave, nothing worse than a player who thinks he's bigger than the club. That £75 million on top of the £25-30 million we'll likely get for Cleveley, Niasse and Deulofeu can be put towards a big summer kitty to bring in 5-6 players who 1. Want to be here and 2. Contribute to the squad and how Koeman wants to play.

He's gone. Or, he's signing a deal that will ensure he'll be gone soon enough.

Let's just say he's gone.

To be honest, he's piled that much pressure on himself that if he stayed next season and he or we didn't do better than this season knives would be out (and personally I think both those scenarios will be hot favourite) and his stock wont be as high as it is this summer. His leaving this summer is the only outcome that makes sense to me.

So he's either going or staying? Interesting position on that fence...

you srs? you mean THIS picture?

the one where he's wearing a Kick It Out shirt? I didn't know discrimination was a happy matter

Sorry mate no need to get up tight. Easy on the caps lock warrior. I mistakenly and idly posted without actually seeing the picture. Someone I work with is obviously on a wind up.

Roms future may not be as much in his hands as he thinks.
If Mosh decides not to sell unless its crazy money there's nothing Rom can do about it
Personally I'd keep him one more season and see where we stand
If he wants to go then take the 70/80 million and move on.
Let's see who needs Rom and who can afford him.
Chelsea can afford Rom but do they need him as a first choice striker
They have Costa who Rom won't replace.
If the merry go round starts and Griezman goes to United and Costa goes back to Athletico then maybe Rom will be a replacement but Conte is a known admirer of Morata and he may be part of any Hazard deal.
Arsenal
Rom is not a awenger type of player and can't see them spending 80 m on one player
Spurs don't need him
REdshite can't afford him
Manure don't need him esp if Zlatan signs a one yr extension and Jose likes Griezman.
Barca don't need him
Real don't need him and want Hazard and DeGea.
Athletico can't afford him and he's not a Simone type player , not aggressive enough.
Juve don't need him
Bayern don't need him
PSG have no problem scoring goals it's defending is their problem same with Monaco.
So while all the hype is on SSN to sell Rom he may have very few options with clubs that will pay the fee asked.
80 million is a lot to spend on a player that you don't really need or is not your type of player.
The top coaches will have noticed Roms first touch and ball control and backed away a bit.
Yes he can score goals but at the very top you need a little bit more to your game to succeed.
A lot will depend on the transfer merry go round and I hope we do our business very early so we can show Rom our ambition and maybe convince him to stay one more year.
If the 30 million for Sissoko is still there and we get another 50/60 million for sales
Geri Naisse Cleverly McCarthy Besic Lennon Steks McGeady plus one or two young players who are out on loan.
Add 50/60 for this seasons budget and we should have 130/150 to spend.
Hart /Forster/Butland
Tierney / Shaw /Chilwell
VVD/Keane /Koubailly /Manolas
Mata /Fabregas /Siggy
Rooney
Gray of Leicester
Tielemanns
CF of Sassulo in Italy
These are the type of players we should be trying to sign in early June to show our ambition
I'm sick of deadline day signings as Bill tries to save on wages by signing players in late Aug rather than early June.
Let's get our business done early and be ready for the first day of the season

Anyone subscribe and post the full article

Romelu Lukaku has already regaled everyone with the strikers he regards as the best on the planet or, as he succinctly put it, “[Luis] Suarez, [Robert] Lewandowski, [Karim] Benzema, [Edinson] Cavani. That’s it. I’m not looking at the rest. No chance.”

So, it would be interesting if he ever reels off the names of his toughest opponent. Perhaps Vincent Kompany and John Terry would feature. What about Farhad Moshiri?

Everton turned down a £70 million bid from Chelsea last summer for Lukaku with Moshiri newly ensconced at Goodison Park as the club’s major shareholder. Almost 12 months on, there is no suggestion the Iranian billionaire is about to roll over and wave the forward through the exit door despite his apparent eagerness to move on.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F9de826ea-0e26-11e7-ba25-b39dfd977d66.jpg

This is the new Everton that Lukaku is signed up to for the next two years. A club intent on challenging their rivals and one for whom Lukaku’s value is best measured in a blue jersey rather than a fantasy figure transfer fee that would simply swell an already considerable kitty.

Of course, it is true that the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, has a habit of making deals happen and delivering what buying clubs — and his clients — want.

Raiola was a guest last Thursday at the London premiere of Everton chairman Bill Kenwright’s new film “Another Woman’s Son” and was spotted in conversation with Moshiri and, briefly, manager Ronald Koeman.

Yet it was Kenwright and Moshiri who were sat together. They share the tightest of bonds and the strongest of desires to re-establish the Merseyside club as a force.

Chelsea will be back and there is plenty about a return to Stamford Bridge that will appeal to Lukaku
There is no smoke and mirrors about Lukaku’s unwillingness to sign the most lucrative contract in Everton’s history at £140,000 a week. It is not about release clauses. The subject has not featured during discussions with Everton having made clear at the outset of talks that one would not be entertained.

They have steadfastly refused to insert them into contracts ever since reluctantly agreeing to Marouane Fellaini’s demands for an exit figure which led to his move to Manchester United in 2013 [ironically, United CEO Ed Woodward ended up paying more than he would have needed to a few weeks earlier as Kenwright showed himself to be negotiator extraordinaire once more].

This is purely about Lukaku, who is proving himself worth in the region of the £89 million fee United paid for Paul Pogba, wanting to play in the Champions League. It is an ambition of which he has hardly made a secret.

“I have been playing [professionally] since I was 16 and never had a taste of the Champions League. It is going to be seven years. You think about it,” he said in March last year, almost 12 months to the very day last week when he repeated that sermon.

He is in a hurry to succeed and his numbers as a goalscorer are quite exceptional. Chelsea will be back and there is plenty about a return to Stamford Bridge that will appeal to Lukaku, three years after his permanent exit.

Yet he should be wary of Koeman’s comments in the aftermath of the interview, which appeared in The Times and underlined where the 23-year-old marksman sees himself and caused such a furore.

“I am not so afraid of his situation because the player has two more years on his contract,” said Koeman, who has started speaking like the manager Evertonians would expect him to be after the faux pas earlier in his tenure.

“Of course that gives me confidence. Everyone knows what can happen in football, but you need to respect your contract.

“The final word is always to the board of the club and if we don’t sell the player, we don’t sell the player. The people in the club are really strong enough to keep something and, if we go to that direction, it’s the final decision for the board of the club.”

Moshiri has blocked Lukaku’s departure once. An interesting summer looms.

Reactions: JLW

36e547b1d644495dbfc8867bfec39041.jpg

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to Romelu Lukaku's 2015/16 match performances.

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc.​
Any news if he won the Player of the month of March?

Status
Not open for further replies.