Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny that Sky is having to change their headlines (for whatever reason) constantly for this saga. They just changed the Bolasie article and have had to tone down the "he is leaving" headlines a couple other times recently.

tumblr_n63ghi5WDk1rjp2hko1_r3_500.gif

Wouldn't surprise me if we sold him for £70m to PSG, he struggled for first team football there and we signed him back for £30m in 2 years time!

If that were the case they'd just leave it.

It's to do with their 'Social Strategy.' Everybody is 'online first' now and you have to be ready to capitalise on Twitter and Facebook. They're constantly changing headlines to make it look like a new/updated story when in fact, its the same thing they published at 7:30am, just now being aimed at say the lunch break crowd.

Rom is the story atm for us, they'll do everything they can to get those clicks, social shares and etc...

They mostly all are. There are very few who identify with the club they play for.

I dont mind Lukaku. He's hard headed about his objectives, but he's given the club a great effort over four seasons and probably could have pushed for a move if he'd wanted to.

No I agree with all of that and it certainly wasn't a criticism of Lukaku. I think it's perfectly ok to acknowledge that Lukaku is in it for himself, while at the same time enjoying his contribution.

We will buy another striker or two, in the same way that all of those teams would if they lost their main striker. We might not be able to attract someone like Aguero yet, but with the increased wages and European football on offer we'll certainly be shopping in the higher end of the market.

I've no doubt we will sign another but this is about lukaku and losing him if it's summer will be tough

I've no doubt we will sign another but this is about lukaku and losing him if it's summer will be tough

It will be tough of course, he's the best striker we've had in over 30 years. Your original post seemed to indicate that all the teams above us had other good strikers whereas we wouldn't if we sold Lukaku. All of those teams you listed have a main striker and there is no way that if they sold their main striker they would not replace them. We're no different to any of the clubs above us in that respect, other than we will have to work a bit harder to get a decent replacement in.

It will be tough of course, he's the best striker we've had in over 30 years. Your original post seemed to indicate that all the teams above us had other good strikers whereas we wouldn't if we sold Lukaku. All of those teams you listed have a main striker and there is no way that if they sold their main striker they would not replace them. We're no different to any of the clubs above us in that respect, other than we will have to work a bit harder to get a decent replacement in.

Well other than they're all richer and more attractive mate right now but that is changing I would like to think

Well other than they're all richer and more attractive mate right now but that is changing I would like to think

No argument with that, but financially we are closing the gap. For offering wages I'd say we can start to compete with Spurs, our neighbours and Arsenal; the others are still a little out of reach but we are more attractive in the sense that players like Lukaku will get more game time with us.

Lukaku is a fantastic player and if he leaves he will be a big loss, but we have lost better than him before and we will again. You never know, him moving on could be the sort of catalyst in the long term that Spurs have had from the sale of Bale. He's good, but he's just one player.

No argument with that, but financially we are closing the gap. For offering wages I'd say we can start to compete with Spurs, our neighbours and Arsenal; the others are still a little out of reach but we are more attractive in the sense that players like Lukaku will get more game time with us.

Lukaku is a fantastic player and if he leaves he will be a big loss, but we have lost better than him before and we will again. You never know, him moving on could be the sort of catalyst in the long term that Spurs have had from the sale of Bale. He's good, but he's just one player.

Yearh I think we're just all thinking we're are the goals coming from but as you say we will replace him and then it's trying to adjust to the new player in the team

It's to do with their 'Social Strategy.' Everybody is 'online first' now and you have to be ready to capitalise on Twitter and Facebook. They're constantly changing headlines to make it look like a new/updated story when in fact, its the same thing they published at 7:30am, just now being aimed at say the lunch break crowd.

Rom is the story atm for us, they'll do everything they can to get those clicks, social shares and etc...
Fair enough. I'm glad I don't have to think about digital marketing. Or marketing in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.